AV for dedicated webcasting computer... Sophos, None or other?

Conversations around originating a webcast for conference, including cameras and mixers.
Aczlan

AV for dedicated webcasting computer... Sophos, None or other?

Postby Aczlan » Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 am

We are looking at getting a dedicated desktop/laptop to use for video capture/webcasting and I am wondering, should we put some kind of Antivirus software on it and if so, what one?
Is Sophos available for such a machine, or are we on our own for AV?

Thanks

Aaron Z

aebrown
Community Administrator

Postby aebrown » Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 am

Aczlan wrote:Is Sophos available for such a machine, or are we on our own for AV?

Sophos is available only for official administrative computers supplied by the Church, or for FHC computers. So I think you're on your own. But of course it's prudent for any computer to have AV protection, so I wouldn't neglect this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Aczlan

Postby Aczlan » Wed May 25, 2011 6:42 pm

aebrown wrote:Sophos is available only for official administrative computers supplied by the Church, or for FHC computers. So I think you're on your own. But of course it's prudent for any computer to have AV protection, so I wouldn't neglect this.

I would at least put MSSE on it... Too bad about Sophos.

Aaron Z

harddrive

Postby harddrive » Sat May 28, 2011 7:23 am

Aczlan wrote:I would at least put MSSE on it... Too bad about Sophos.

Aaron Z

For me, I would put the minimum amount of stuff on the webcasting server. I would want it dedicated and focus on webcasting and not worrying about anti-virus and other stuff.

Also, the computer that I picked up will not be on the network all the time. So protections should be there, but again I don't see it as a critical part of the system.

Just my 2 cents worth

Return to “Webcasting”