Viewing Church broadcasts live over the Internet

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
mrusson

October Conference Broadcast?

Post by mrusson »

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but will any internet testing of conference take place for the October 2011 conference?

We have a large Stake and usually have trouble getting all the brethren into the Stake Center during the Priesthood Session. It would be great to have them meet in the other ward buildings and view the broadcast on Saturday nights Priesthood Session. Is this something that will happen again?

Thanks for any info you might have.
aprayzr

Post by aprayzr »

According to this document:
http://lds.org/service/serving-in-the-c ... e?lang=eng

It will be broadcast over the internet - scroll about 3/4 of the way down, looking for the "Internet" heading.

Does anyone know what is required to view the "live secure broadcast" for the Priesthood session? Secure being the operative word here.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

aprayzr wrote:According to this document:
http://lds.org/service/serving-in-the-c ... e?lang=eng

It will be broadcast over the internet - scroll about 3/4 of the way down, looking for the "Internet" heading.

Does anyone know what is required to view the "live secure broadcast" for the Priesthood session? Secure being the operative word here.

When I did it the last time in April. What was needed was a computer and then the URL for the priesthood session. If you don't have the URL and passcode, then we aren't able to get it. I got it about a week before the broadcast and I haven't seen anything yet myself.

I would like to know. I probably won't do it this year, or if I do, I will do it in another part of the building. I tried it in the chapel, but there was such a short time to get the system stable that it was basically useless. I suggested that they increase the time to 15 minutes so that we had a chance to get the computers in sync and get things stable before the actual broadcast.

Look forward to see if this is going to go again.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Relief Society and other General Conference sessions will be streamed in multiples languages at lds.org. To request information about viewing the secure priesthood session on the Internet in American Sign Language, English, French, Portuguese (Brazil), or Spanish, e mail streamingsupport@ldschurch.org. Please include your name, your calling, your stake name, the event you are requesting information for, and the languages you need. Information will be sent only to members of stake presidencies.

Cheers,
Jacob Stark
bgraabek

Post by bgraabek »

My family has viewed conference via the internet at home for several years now. This yearthe experience has been pretty bad. The Adobe Flash component has crashed again and again and again and again. This has been the case with firefox as well as with Google Chrome.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Thank you for the feedback. Would you mind providing some information about the computer you were using (what operating system, processor, etc.). Also, did you test on any additional machines?
bgraabek

Post by bgraabek »

... and right after posting this comment I found a page on lds.org telling me the problem will disappear if I disable hardware accelleration. I'll try that if it happens again...
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Ah, great. Please let us know how it goes...
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

Watching on the LDS channel in English with a Roku box this afternoon. It keeps jumping back to a talk from the first session for 10-30 seconds and then resumes the live talk.

Anyone else seen this?

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Yes, we are seeing that one of the feeds is pulling from a previous cache. Our engineers are currently looking into this.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”