Software based video switching

Conversations around originating a webcast for conference, including cameras and mixers.
marcporter

Software based video switching

Postby marcporter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Curious if anyone has tried out software based video switching with the webcast software? I downloaded the Vidblaster demo and was impressed. It supports multiple camera sources, video overlays (great for hymns) media player inputs, etc. Similar to Wirecast it is designed to be a streaming source, but it has a cool stream option, instead of streaming to a server, you can stream to a virtual capture device. I started Vidblaster and webcast 3.0 and the Webcast 3.0 picked up the Vidblaster output. One of the drawbacks is with both programs running at the same time, cpu usage was very high, would probably be best if run on a faster machine, perhaps an i7 processor.

This looks like it could be a good alternative to a hardware video switcher. One question I have is can we stream directly to the Church WM servers without using the Webcast software? I tried various options in vidblaster for the WM publishing point and user/password combination, but I never could get the Church servers to allow my connection for a test.

Return to “Webcasting”