Webcast streams

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lionelwalters wrote:I expect that would have been some kind of video conferencing solution. I'm curious, how were the cameras positioned at the main site (where the speakers were originating from) and at the other sites? In other words were you looking at the stand in all sites or at the congregation, or did it switch?
Both stand and congregation at each site. I was at the originating site, and at some point during the meeting we saw both views from each of the remote sites. They also showed a short video and several powerpoint slides to everyone, but those would not be needed for a stake conference.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lionelwalters wrote:Note that the conferencing software would need to handle echo cancellation when using the chapel sound system for both input and output.

I think it would be best to simply switch the microphone off when not in use. You'd need the echo cancellation for actual conversation, but in a "stake conference" format with the formal handing off of speaking duties, I think a mic switch would be far better.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

RussellHltn wrote:I think it would be best to simply switch the microphone off when not in use. You'd need the echo cancellation for actual conversation, but in a "stake conference" format with the formal handing off of speaking duties, I think a mic switch would be far better.
Good point. There is a mute function within the software that would suit this purpose.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

Please find the updated document attached with both hardware and software instructions.
Conference Meetings.pdf
(521.3 KiB) Downloaded 395 times

I welcome your comments or questions.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

lionelwalters wrote:Please find the updated document attached with both hardware and software instructions.

Wow. Good writeup and nice graphics.

I will have to take this to our meeting on the subject this Sat.

Aaron Z
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

lionelwalters wrote:Please find the updated document attached with both hardware and software instructions.

One question, is it possible for the "Host" of the session to remotely enable/disable the audio for the remote sites?

Aaron Z
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

Aczlan wrote:One question, is it possible for the "Host" of the session to remotely enable/disable the audio for the remote sites?

Aaron Z

Yes, definitely. In the participant list, you can see who's talking because the speaker icon is animated whenever there is audio. The host would just right-click the "noisy" participant and select the option to mute them. I have attached some screen shots to show this.
Conference Screenshots.pdf
(549.42 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Can you give a screen shot of what you'd expect to see on the projector at a given site? The screen shot you've given show most of the space for a power-point like presentation. That's not what we'd want for a general session of Stake Conference.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lionelwalters

Post by lionelwalters »

RussellHltn wrote:Can you give a screen shot of what you'd expect to see on the projector at a given site? The screen shot you've given show most of the space for a power-point like presentation. That's not what we'd want for a general session of Stake Conference.

The second of the two screenshots my last attachment shows the "full-screen" mode. I understand that WebEx are working on making the active speaker show in true full screen as opposed to the boxes they appear in currently. In the meantime, you can blow up the main window by adjusting the zoom and position settings on the projector.

ooVoo, as an alternative, displays in true full screen, but you'd have to manually switch between the site you see - but that's just a case of using the left and right arrows to change sites.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”