Compatibility with Windows 7 x64

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
benjamincpetersen

Compatibility with Windows 7 x64

Post by benjamincpetersen »

wme.png
wme.png (41.43 KiB) Viewed 3479 times
The webcast software doesn't seem to recognize that WMEncoder 9 is installed. Perhaps this is because it is a x64 OS and it installs to the Program Files (x86) folder instead of just Program Files. Any thoughts on what I can do?
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

benjamincpetersen wrote:The webcast software doesn't seem to recognize that WMEncoder 9 is installed. Perhaps this is because it is a x64 OS and it installs to the Program Files (x86) folder instead of just Program Files. Any thoughts on what I can do?
Perhaps guidance in this thread will be helpful...

https://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?5700
benjamincpetersen

Post by benjamincpetersen »

I found the solution. I installed the Webcast 3.0 beta which is compatible with Windows 7 x64. You also have to install Microsoft Expression.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

benjamincpetersen wrote:The webcast software doesn't seem to recognize that WMEncoder 9 is installed. Perhaps this is because it is a x64 OS and it installs to the Program Files (x86) folder instead of just Program Files. Any thoughts on what I can do?

If you have Win7 x64, you must have the x64 version of WMEncoder 9 or it will not work.

Aaron Z
brettbkg

No WME9 64 bit.

Post by brettbkg »

I can't find a copy of WME 9 for a 64-bit system.

I have Win7 64 bit.

So far, I did get the new version 3 (beta) to work, with downloading Windows Media Expressions 4, but the latest non-beta version of Meetinghouse Webcast won't work on my 64 bit system either. Same errors as everyone else (not recognizing that WME 9 is installed). If getting a 64-bit copy of WME9 is the solution, then it looks like Microsoft has unfortunately taken it off of their website, and replaced it with Windows Media Expressions 4, which the current (not beta) version of Meetinghouse doesn't recognize.

For now I'll have to use the Beta version, which I'm liking the user interface of... but it's crashed multiple multiple times with setup stuff. Hopefully that won't be the case in an actual broadcast.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

FYI, there is a version of the WME 9 x64 available at: http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... oder64.exe
It is version 10.0.0.3809 and appears to be the same as the one that I downloaded back in June of last year.

Aaron Z

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”