How would you change the Meetinghouse Webcast software?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

We have recently upgraded the beta 3.0 software. It is available to download at https://webcast.ldschurch.org/ClientDow ... lient.aspx. On the Settings page, under the different presets, one may now test their Internet connection speed so that they are better informed on which profile to use. To directly access the speed test application, it is available at http://speedtest.lds.org/speed.html.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive wrote:What I'm going to do is to take the video from the camera and use a "Y" cable to go to the modulator and one to a throughput RCA connection.

Use of a "Y" cable for RF or video is a bad idea. It creates quality issues due to the resulting impedance mismatch.

The proper way to "Y" a signal is to use a distribution amplifier.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

RussellHltn wrote:Use of a "Y" cable for RF or video is a bad idea. It creates quality issues due to the resulting impedance mismatch.

The proper way to "Y" a signal is to use a distribution amplifier.

I hear you Russ and if I need to do that, then I have enough time to purchase one and get it installed.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

starkjs wrote:On the Settings page, under the different presets, one may now test their Internet connection speed so that they are better informed on which profile to use. To directly access the speed test application, it is available at http://speedtest.lds.org/speed.html.
Do these speeds reflect Internet speeds in general, or are they specific to your webcast servers? The reason I ask is using the above link, my PC at home (in Layton, UT) achieves a speed of approx. 5.7/1.5 (DN/UP in Mb/s), but where I usually go to check it on speedtest.net, I get results in the 22/4 range, which is more in line with what I would expect from the tier of Comcast service I'm on.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

These speeds reflect your Internet connection back to Church headquarters.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

Mine seemed to match what I get on speedtest.net I could see NO signifcant difference. Perhaps you managed to hit the server at a bad time? I ran three tests several hours apart and all 3 match my expected speedtest.net results. Whish I had a solution for you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

speedtest.net selects the "best" of many servers for it's test. The church test tests to see what the speed is back to CHQ, though who knows what pipes and how many routers. Some of them may be overloaded, and some of them might be throttling to give everyone a reasonable share of the available bandwidth.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”