Webcast equipment

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
kg7sw

equipment

Post by kg7sw »

maxmcgregor wrote:Just getting ready to order the equipment for two buildings in our stake. I think I'm going to go with the Church based equipment just to keep it simple and avoid liabilty issues with personal computers, not too mention the risk of stability on personal systems. Does anyone know why the Webcast Receiver is not available on store.lds.org, but everything else is? I suppose I'll be calling the store support when I order to find out why, but thought I'd throw it out to the forum first.

we just finished a conference using the webcaster to uplink, and a laptop to downlink. The system worked great, except for a half hour of down time due to a building internet problem. what ever can go wrong will go wrong. I ran a test saturday for at least 4 hours without a glitch.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Our equipment setup for Stake conference, which was on the air for over seven and half hours (7.5), over two days, is as follows:

Meetinghouse Webcast Beta 3.0.1.18, Resolution: Medium 16X9
Microsoft Encoder Version 4.0.3205.0 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD Version 2.0
Dell Optiplex 580: Processors: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 B22 Processor, Physical Memory: 4.00 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, 5.1.2600, Service Pack 3

Notes:
1) Number of Dell desktops used: two (2), each at different locations
2) Meetinghouse Webcast Beta 3.0.1.64 was released this past week
3) http://speedtest.net/ ping: 104 ms, down: 7.76 Mb/s, up 0.84
4) Expression Encoder 4 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/pro ... tsNew.aspx
5) TCP/IP Camera: Sony SNCRZ50N

Also, thanks to headquarters staff for their support and hard work
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

pete.arnett wrote:Our equipment setup for Stake conference, which was on the air for over seven and half hours (7.5), over two days, is as follows:
<snip/>
5) TCP/IP Camera: Sony SNCRZ50N
Also, thanks to headquarters staff for their support and hard work
Out of curiosity,
What did you use to interface the IP camera with the Meetinghouse Webcast software?
How did you control your camera?

Thanks

Aaron Z
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD Version 2.0 was used to interface the IP camera with the Meetinghouse Webcast software

Camera Control software (via web browser) was provided by Sony
Thanks,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

pete.arnett wrote:Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD Version 2.0 was used to interface the IP camera with the Meetinghouse Webcast software
So is there a digital-analog adapter that comes with the camera allowing you to get composite/s-video out and treat it like any other camera, or did the Roxio software do that directly?

Thanks

Aaron Z
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Aczlan wrote:So is there a digital-analog adapter that comes with the camera allowing you to get composite/s-video out and treat it like any other camera, or did the Roxio software do that directly?

Thanks

Aaron Z
The SNC-RZ50N can output an analog composite video signal via the BNC connector on the unit's rear panel.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

The following TCP/IP video cameras have been used by different stakes in our area at their various meetinghouses with the Roxio Easy VHS-to-DVD Version 2.0 (RCA or S cable connectors) as input to Meetinghouse Webcast software running on a Dell desktop:

Vivotek PZ7111 Video TCP/IP camera
..Real-time MPEG-4 and MJPEG Compression (Dual Codec)
..Dual Streams Simultaneously
..Motorized Pan/Tilt
..A/V out
..Camera Control: vendor provided browser based interface
Data Sheet
Optical Zoom Lens: 10x
Cost: about $600
Note: camera has been used to with dual streams MPEG-4 and A/V out simultaneously for webcast, TCP/IP camera control, translators and recording

Camera: Sony SNCRZ50N TCP/IP camera
..MPEG-4
..Motorized Pan/Tilt
..Video out, analog composite video signal via the BNC connector
..Camera Control: vendor provided browser based interface
Data Sheet
Optical Zoom Lens: 26X
Cost: about $1,100
Note: camera has only been used with analog composite video output (BNC to VCR to RCA to Roxio) for webcast and we used TCP/IP for camera control
Thanks,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
maxmcgregor

Webcast Receiver

Post by maxmcgregor »

I found out from our FM rep yesterday that the Meetinghouse Webcast Receiver is no longer being offered by store.lds.org because it was too expensive. A notebook computer with the Meetinghouse software is sufficient. I'm going with a Windows 7 Pro notebook from Dell for around $570 that seems to have good enough specs to meet the need.

One other note: although FM took over internet installation and ongoing costs, they do not provide the meetinghouse broadcast equipment, that must be purchased by the Stake. However, if you talk to them, they may be willing to provide a projector and projector screen for each building you need to broadcast too.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

maxmcgregor wrote: "...they may be willing to provide a projector and projector screen for each building ..."

Your local FM group should provide a video projector and projector screen for each meetinghouse as part of a standard meetinghouse setup
Thanks,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

pete.arnett wrote:Your local FM group should provide a video projector and projector screen for each meetinghouse as part of a standard meetinghouse setup

I'm sure that's true of all meetinghouses with a satellite dish, but I'm not sure as it's true of ALL meetinghouses. But you can ask.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”