Audio backup for Webcasting stake conf UK

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
stephen500

Audio backup for Webcasting stake conf UK

Post by stephen500 »

Can anyone point me in the direction of a free or cheap version of audio backup by telephone for webcasts. If our stake conference webcast goes down, we have had it. Any suggestions welcome..UK solution needed.
Conference Sunday 24/10/10.
But any solutions after that date could also help for next time,
Thanks in advance.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stephen500 wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of a free or cheap version of audio backup by telephone for webcasts. If our stake conference webcast goes down, we have had it. Any suggestions welcome..UK solution needed.
Conference Sunday 24/10/10.
But any solutions after that date could also help for next time,
The Audio backup solutions for Church broadcasts wiki page explains several options for audio backup for satellite broadcasts. For a webcast, these all seem workable on the receiving end; you would just have to figure out how to transmit the audio by phone from the broadcasting location.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
stephen500

Post by stephen500 »

No sure that helps in the Uk, but thanks anyway.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stephen500 wrote:No sure that helps in the Uk, but thanks anyway.
All buildings in the US come standard with an EJ-8 or EJ-10. I know the phone wiring is different in the UK, but wouldn't you have a similar device supplied by your facilities group that would work with UK phones?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

UK Telephone Interface

Post by StevePoulsen »

Alan_Brown wrote:All buildings in the US come standard with an EJ-8 or EJ-10. I know the phone wiring is different in the UK, but wouldn't you have a similar device supplied by your facilities group that would work with UK phones?
I am not sure that they would, it is my understanding that each local area office is responsible for its own standard plans (building construction designs) and the EJ-8, and EJ-10 area part of the standards in the USA.

They were designed by a church Engineer (Ed Jones hence the EJ designation) specifically for church use in these buildings, because at the time he was one of the church engineers in charge of the standard plans.

Long story short, Each and every other part of the world will be different, and have it’s own physical equipment and limitations.
stephen500 wrote:Can anyone point me in the direction of a free or cheap version of audio backup by telephone for webcasts. If our stake conference webcast goes down, we have had it.
Back to Equipment to Use when you have a need for Audio back up in the UK, I would recommend you call a audio equipment distributor. I found a couple on line. The technical term for the device you are looking for is a Telephone Interface.

The ones I found off of the UK websites all have US (RJ-11) style connectors, which I am fairly sure are not standard in the UK. However it makes me thing there might be adapters readily available, and if that is the case, you can order and use the same equipment that we do in the USA. Form Emtech Electronics, or Your Area office can order them from MTS, or the Satellite support desk at CHQ.
Steve Poulsen - Meetinghouse Facilities Technology Engineer
StevePoulsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by StevePoulsen »

Alan_Brown wrote:The Audio backup solutions for Church broadcasts wiki page explains several options for audio backup for satellite broadcasts. For a webcast, these all seem workable on the receiving end; you would just have to figure out how to transmit the audio by phone from the broadcasting location.
The backup page actually has information on transmissions as well using either the EJ-10, or EJ-R. So I think the issue will be how to distribute the Audio form the sound system in the chapel, to both the EJ-10, and the Webcast Send solution (communicator or Laptop). I would use a cheap Audio DA (Available at Radio shack) or if you like stuff a little better than Radio Shack, you can order an Audio DA from RDL ([url]http:\\www.rdl.com[/url]), or CHQ (Either a RU-DA4D or ST-DA3). If you get the RDL Parts, be sure to get a Power supply as well (#PS-24A).
Steve Poulsen - Meetinghouse Facilities Technology Engineer

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”