For the October, 2010 General Conference, the Meetinghouse Technologies team of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints wishes to invite local units to beta test various off-the-shelf technologies to watch conference either live or on a delayed basis.
[font="]Join the Beta[/font]
To join the beta, please send an E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Unit Name
- Phone Number
NOTE: By releasing your contact information, you agree to receive E-mails and possibly phone calls in relation to the beta.
Beta Participant Expectations
Beta participants should be proficient with technology and able to troubleshoot technical issues. Participants are invited to contribute to the documentation found on the LDS Tech wiki. Sharing your valuable insights will benefit other local units interested in using Internet-based solutions for Church [color=black]broadcasts. Beta participants should first seek to utilize existing equipment and only make purchases as approved by their Stake President.
Timeline of the beta
- Sep 5th – Deadline to join the beta.
- Mid-September - Solutions available and communicated to beta participants by CHQ.
- Mid-Late September – Participants configure and test solutions.
- October Conference – Solutions used by participants.
- Oct 4th – Participants asked to provide feedback via a survey.
- Oct 22nd – All feedback collected for analysis and future modifications.
Questions? Comments? Please let us know by responding to this thread.