Camera mounting ideas for Sony EVI-D70

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

michaelfish wrote:Well, here's my idea of a garage door opener implemented as a concealed, motorized retractable camera system.
...and finally, a short video of the finished motorized retractable camera system in action. A battery operated keypad on the wall activates the system. The close-up of the camera shows the low voltage cables, 2 CAT5 cables for VISCA control and RG-6U coax for composite video. Another picture shows how the projection screen in the cultural hall hides the camera and pole from their view.

[video]http://youtu.be/joRK1VqrXuE[/video]
Keypad.jpg
(85.98 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
Screen hides camera.jpg
(72.8 KiB) Downloaded 475 times
Camera mounting.jpg
(90.9 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

michaelfish wrote:...and RG-6U coax for composite video.
Very nice, Michael. Just curious... why did you choose composite video instead of s-video from the camera?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Mikerowaved wrote:Very nice, Michael. Just curious... why did you choose composite video instead of s-video from the camera?
Price.

I did some testing, comparing S-Video through baluns and regular composite and could not see any difference. At the time, I was installing 3 cameras, so 6 baluns would have been necessary ($40 x 6 = $240).

In addition, our 3 video camera signals (and composite computer video) were going to be run through a quad video processor (Ultrak KQ7340CU) so that all 4 inputs could be displayed simultaneously on a 20" monitor. The quad processor was only $20 but was for composite video only.
KeithWilson

Post by KeithWilson »

I just took a trip to another stake to evaluate their setup, in preparation to get ours installed. They installed the camera on the front curtain wall (see Photos). They then ran wires (power and video) through the mezzanine, into the Satellite cabinet. From the satellite cabinet they had a PC with software to control the camera, then they used remote desktop to control that computer from the chapel. They also had a live feed to the chapel. He said it worked great.

[video]http://youtu.be/kP0aHNxx-tE[/video]
Paulbb1

Post by Paulbb1 »

Here are some images of our setup in a Legacy design building. Placed over the 3rd clerks office.
Camera Side w-Wall.jpg
(84.61 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
Loc long.jpg
(98.45 KiB) Downloaded 346 times

I have more details if you want to see the base and cables.
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake
rgme

Post by rgme »

Paulbb1 wrote:Placed over the 3rd clerks office.
Have you found that to be too high of an angle? Or does it still seem like you're naturally looking at the speaker? (I remember reading a comment on here about seeing the tops of bald heads...)

Also, at that distance, how far are you zoomed in for the pulpit?
Thanks!
Paulbb1

Camera angle

Post by Paulbb1 »

We have had no complaints even though we do see bald heads. If it is an issue I could take a video and post it. Oops MH software doesn't allow saving of camers output. I'll have to find out how to use the MS encoder to do it.
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake
rgme

Post by rgme »

thanks!
yeah, pics or video would be great, but please don't inconvenience yourself. I've been trying to put together the pictures I've seen here of different camera locations and their respective views, all in preparation of mounting our stake's camera(s).
FYI, I think MS Expression will allow you to stream/save files locally.
nognielsen

Post by nognielsen »

Paulbb1 wrote:Here are some images of our setup in a Legacy design building. Placed over the 3rd clerks office.

I have more details if you want to see the base and cables.
Paulbb1, I'd love more details, we have a legacy building, how did you get power/ video signal up there on that ledge? Did FM group put that in, or is there a jack up there standard?
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Paulbb1 wrote:...Placed over the 3rd clerks office.
Since the ledge may interfere with the picture, how much of the choir can you get with the camera placed the way it is before seeing the ledge?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”