Webcasting Video Capture Cards that Work

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Aczlan

Diamond VC600

Post by Aczlan »

Anyone have success with a Diamond VC600 and the Meetinghouse Webcast Software?
We are preparing to try webcasting as a beta for our next Stake Conference and I would prefer to avoid getting a USB video adapter that is problematic.

Thanks

Aaron Z
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

I personally have not had any issues using the VC600 USB adapter. Although I know there are people who have. What camera are you planing on using? Sometimes that combination can be the issue as well.
Troy
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

tsheffield wrote:I personally have not had any issues using the VC600 USB adapter. Although I know there are people who have. What camera are you planing on using? Sometimes that combination can be the issue as well.
Troy
We are still looking at cameras, currently, the plan is to get a Sony EVI-D70, but that is still up for debate.
Ideally, we would like to get a network one (rather than one that needs a coax cable) so that it could be more portable, but it would need to be able to interface with the Webcast Software.

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

Greetings Northbear,

I am sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while setting up your video capture. From what I could learn, the Haupauge was listed since it was a working device but later removed due to the high complexity in configuration. We are looking into a restructuring of the wiki documentation to make the capture device selection easier for users. We are also working on an updated version of the software, built upon the Microsoft Expression engine, which may offer a greater level of flexibility in the capture cards that can be used.

Thank you for your feedback and please feel free to contact me with any additional questions and/or comments.

Cheers,
Jacob
ragraf-p40

Slingbox

Post by ragraf-p40 »

I use Slingbox it is point to point and has a remote control fuction.
I instaled an old VCR in the SAT cab and can access the three chanels in our stake center.:)

Bob Graf cedar UT.
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Roxio VHS-to-DVD

Post by starkjs »

Anyone here tried the Roxio VHS to DVD? We heard from a stake that they had great success with the device. We have been testing it and also having strong success. What about you? Any feedback either positive or negative?
Paulbb1

VHS to DVD

Post by Paulbb1 »

I don't understand the purpose of the VHS to DVD converter hardware. This thread is about capture cards.
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's actually a package solution for using your computer to convert VHS to DVD.

In other words, it's a inexpensive ($59 list) consumer video capture solution. I think this is what they are talking about.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

It appears to be similar in design to the Diamond VLC-600. We have been testing with that one and find that it works well for video. How does this one handle sound?

Aaron Z
starkjs
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by starkjs »

I also just heard of someone trying the EasyCap USB Capture device and finding it worked exceedingly well. It should be noted though that the USB solutions are always a bit more fickle to get working the first time than the installed cards.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”