Webcasting Video Capture Cards that Work

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
roundsah

Post by roundsah »

We just purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus and we can't get the s-video to work on the video capture but the composite works fine. If we hook up the s-video on the camera to a TV it works just fine. Has anyone had any problems (or solutions) with this?
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

roundsah wrote:We just purchased Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3 Plus and we can't get the s-video to work on the video capture but the composite works fine. If we hook up the s-video on the camera to a TV it works just fine. Has anyone had any problems (or solutions) with this?
Have you switched the Webcast Communicator software to use the S-Video input? In the place where you change the input card, there is a button to configure the card settings. One of the three submenus will let you choose the input on the card. If it is set to Composite Video, you will not see anything from S-Video.

Aaron Z
bfromm

Post by bfromm »

As an FYI, I recently used the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro, and it worked great! It's a lot cheaper than the Osprey, and it does both analog and digital.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

[INDENT]
As an FYI, I recently used the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro, and it worked great! It's a lot cheaper than the Osprey, and it does both analog and digital.
What is the brand, model and specifications of the computer you installed this in?

Also, how much did you pay for it?

I read that those cards are not compatible with Dell PCs.
[/INDENT]
rgme

Post by rgme »

Does anybody have experience with the USB 3.0 option from Blackmagic (Intensity Shuttle)?
If I upgraded from Roxio, I think I would prefer an option that wasn't tied to a single, desktop computer.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

michaelfish wrote:I read that those cards are not compatible with Dell PCs.
They are full-height cards and the Dell 740 is built for the shorter style cards, often seen in servers. The solution is to purchase an optional "riser" card that Dell made for these that allowed for 2 full-height cards to be installed. If I recall, they made two versions for the 740, one model was for installing 2 full-height PCI cards, and one model for installing 1 PCI-E card (up to x16) and 1 PCI card. Of course, for the Design Intensity Pro, you would need the latter.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

The solution is to purchase an optional "riser" card
Has anyone actually had success with the Blackmagic Intensity Pro in a Dell PC (with or without the riser)? If so, what was the model and configuration?

The reason I'm asking is because of this statement on Blackmagic's Website (link)
"Please note: Dell workstations are not supported for use with Blackmagic Design capture cards."

Also, I'm concerned because of a statement from the Director of Support at Blackmagic Design Inc (post):
"Dells have been a problem with us in the past because there is no way to get to any engineering resources in case of a conflict. They will also many times change hardware components in the same model of machine. So as an outdated example a two dimension 4400's 6 months a part will very likely have completely different components.

And this statement is more heavily targeted at the server lines which are missing a setting we need to work properly....

Sincerely,

Joshua
Director of Support
Blackmagic Design Inc."

Finally, according the Blackmagic website, only certain motherboards are recommended (link).
sammythesm

Post by sammythesm »

I have a Intensity Pro working in a Dell Optiplex 740 with the riser card. I took out all other PCI cards and boosted the RAM to 4GB and can webcast without problem. (though the RAM was overkill, the CPU is now my bottleneck in terms of webcasting - for a 640x480 webcast, my processor runs ~90% the whole time)
dgoehring

Post by dgoehring »

I have been looking at the Intensity Shuttle. Have you found it anything about compatibility yet? We're looking at it instead of installing a PCIe card in a desktop computer. I would appreciate any information you have learned about this solution.
bfromm

Post by bfromm »

michaelfish wrote:What is the brand, model and specifications of the computer you installed this in?

It was in a Lenovo desktop running Windows 7.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”