Test feed from stream.lds.org?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lmemmott-p40

Test feed from stream.lds.org?

Post by lmemmott-p40 »

Anyone know if there's a test feed from stream.lds.org running 24x7 that we can connect receivers to? This would help us in the troubleshooting process as we setup equipment for stake conference.

Thanks,
Lester Memmott
Draper Utah Mountain Point Stake
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

Sorry for not seeing this earlier but there is a stream 24/7 at HTTP://stream.lds.org/webcast
Troy
jcoleymail-p40

Post by jcoleymail-p40 »

Is there an issue with the webcast? Looks like the test stream is down.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

ALL:

We have created a new "Test stream" for you to test your video and audio! The address is http://stream.lds.org/webcast2

This stream is looping one session of conference this past April. You should be able to test both your connection and your audio. It is streaming at about 300k.

Enjoy!
Troy

P.S. This site and the original "Webcast" will go down from time to time. We will try to monitor them and get them right back up as soon as we see they are down. If by chance they do go down it does not mean that Webcasting is down. They are not servers or have any ability to affect your capability to webcast. It simply means that the test site is down.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Sounds pretty good, but the video is marginal quality. Probably typical for a 300K feed. Seems to be Mormon Tab selections w/orchastra rather than a conference loop.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

Good point about the quality. Our thought was that is the most common for receiving locations. We can change that if there is interest.
Troy
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

It also appears to be Music and the Spoken word, first...
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

If there is a desire to receive a higher quality stream for testing we can do that with webcast2. Let me know and I can bump it up. That could also be a temporary bump for a particular location to test if you like.
Troy
kenth2o-p40

Post by kenth2o-p40 »

The test feeds I have used, but with very little consistancy or reliability, are
1. http://stream.lds.org/webcast - this was a view of the Conference Center plaza without audio
2. http://stream.lds.org/webcast2 - this was a feed from a General Conference session
3. http://stream.lds.org/scb1008eng - this is a feed that runs sometimes, and sometimes not. (last used 8/22/2010 Sunday). The "scb" stands for Stake Conference Broadcast but is usually a talk from General Conference .

It would really be helpful if a permanent test stream could be webcast. So much of my work is accomplished "after hours" when the church buildings are empty. I can occasionally setup my own test feed with a live sacrament meeting, but then the building I want to stream it to is busy with another wards meeting.

Kent Jorgensen
Cottonwood Heights Stake
wille

Post by wille »

We will be receiving a Regional Stake Conference broadcast from the Church next week and I have been tasked with setting up one of our chapels to receive the stream.

I have some questions I hope some of you can help answer so this won't be a complete disaster.

1. None of the test feeds mentioned by Kent seem to be operational, so I need a way to test my setup before the day of the conference. Any ideas?

2. What bandwidth does the Church generally use when streaming Regional Stake Conferences?

3. I have conflicting information about the aspect ratio. One person in the satellite department said that it will be standard 4:3 and another 16:9. What format(s) does the Church stream?

4. I have been given 3 different http://stream.lds.org/ URLs for the English stream. One begins with "sbc", another with "11-" and the third with "English". Why are there so many URL's and are they materially different from one another (different bandwidth, aspect ratio, etc.)?

Thank you!

Ross Wille
Orem Utah Stonewood Stake

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”