Any UK success storys?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
kinggrunt-p40

Any UK success storys?

Post by kinggrunt-p40 »

Hi, We are looking into this webcast technology. There seems to be a lot of USA stake's doing it. Im just wondering if there is anyone from the UK who have it up and running perfectly?

Just looking into it, before ordering equipment. And if you can let me know how much money to expect to pay.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kinggrunt wrote:Hi, We are looking into this webcast technology. There seems to be a lot of USA stake's doing it. Im just wondering if there is anyone from the UK who have it up and running perfectly?

Just looking into it, before ordering equipment. And if you can let me know how much money to expect to pay.
Have you looked at the Get Local Insights on Meetinghouse Webcast: Europe wiki page? That's not a success story, but it does have lots of details for the Europe area.
kinggrunt-p40

Post by kinggrunt-p40 »

Do the church give a little help if our budget is not big enough for this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kinggrunt wrote:Do the church give a little help if our budget is not big enough for this?
I doubt that any direct assistance would be given. Two thoughts:
  • There has been some discussion of the possibility of adjoining stakes sharing equipment and expertise. Of course this may be impractical depending on the geography of the stakes involved, but it might help in some cases.
  • The new software version of Meetinghouse Webcast (as described in Webcast Software User Guide) may reduce the costs significantly.
SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Post by SheffieldTR »

If time is not an issue, I would recommend waiting for a "few" weeks and seeing how the software version might change the cost landscape.
Troy

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”