Meeting House Webcasting SW not encoding sound

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Paulbb1

Meeting House Webcasting SW not encoding sound

Post by Paulbb1 »

We have been trying to encode on the new SW but it is not working. We have sound to the Osprey 210 capture card via the line out on the card but not in the data stream.

Is there an incompatibility with this card and the software?

When using Windows Media Encoder the sound is encoded.

Is this a known issue? I noted in the Wiki there was one other card doing the same. I wonder if the chipset is the same?

Arlan Beebe
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

PaulBB1 wrote:We have sound to the Osprey 210 capture card via the line out on the card but not in the data stream.
Can you clarify that? At first read it sounds like you're using "line out" as a input. I'm guessing you really mean that you get a signal out of line out so the card must be getting audio but it's not in the data stream.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Paulbb1

Sound

Post by Paulbb1 »

Your correct. I was sending a response to webcastbeta@sites.ldschurch.org on this issue and found the fuzzy sentence. I corrected the way it read.

Since WME works and the MH webcasting doesn't does that mean that it is a software issue that can be corrected?
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I just posted a longer post in another thread. However basically for me using a TV wonder 550 PCI. If I accept video and audio through the coax cable, I get static and the sound is terrible.

So I tried using the RCA out jacks on the VCR/DVD combo that I'm using to the auxiliary in on the sound card and ever thing worked terrific. Audio was clear and video was terrific.

With a P4 2.8, I find that the max streaming speed is 100k.

I hope that you get it to work.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”