Meetinghouse Webcast Examples

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
toma-p40

Meetinghouse Webcast Examples

Post by toma-p40 »

OK, you’re attempting to setup a Meetinghouse Webcast implementation for your Stake. If you’re anything like me, you’re probably having difficulties deciding exactly how to configure your hardware/software. There is a lot of useful information here in the forum but I haven’t seen a detailed list of success stories and implementation details. (At least I haven’t found it.)

I started this thread in hopes of getting others to post the details of their Webcast setup so others can learn from them. A few minutes of your time will be extremely helpful and valuable for others.

Here is a list of questions that I believe will be helpful for others (I know they will help me). Please include anything else you think would be beneficial.

1.What was the approximate final cost?
2.Was the implementation done in stages? If yes, indicate as you go along what was done when.
3.Do you use Webcast Communicator or Webcast Software?
4.Do you use Webcast Receivers or computers or both?
5.What is the lowest internet speed in your broadcast and receiving buildings? (Use http://www.dslreports.com, http://www.internetfrog.com or http://myspeed.visualware.com to test your speeds as recommended in the “Check Connection and Speed” section of the “Meetinghouse Webcast Software User Guide”.)
6.What “Streaming Speed” do you use?
7.Which brand/model camera(s) do you use?
8.How do you handle hymn text in the broadcast?
9.How do you handle choir audio in the broadcast?
10.How do you handle computer presentations given by a speaker in the broadcast? (I.e. PowerPoint presentations etc.)
11.Do you have a backup audio plan such as speaker phone? If so describe how it is connected at both ends.
12.Do you have a method for remote sites to ask questions of the speaker? (I.e. During priesthood training sessions.)
13.What are the strengths/good-points about your setup?
14.What are the weaknesses/bad-points about your setup?

Describe the hardware you use. Include as much information about cabling/connections as possible. If using the Webcast Software, describe your computer. Include specific hardware information so others can replicate your setup if desired. Remember the goal is to help others find the best possible solution based on budget and available technical resources etc. If you feel so inclined, attach diagrams showing wiring etc.

Lastly, do you have any advice for the clerks running the broadcasts?

Maybe if we get a good list of various options, we can create a wiki and put them there.

Thanks in advance!

Tom A
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

toma wrote:OK, you’re attempting to setup a Meetinghouse Webcast implementation for your Stake. If you’re anything like me, you’re probably having difficulties deciding exactly how to configure your hardware/software. There is a lot of useful information here in the forum but I haven’t seen a detailed list of success stories and implementation details. (At least I haven’t found it.)
There are several threads on this topic. The first one is a very detailed report:
If you search for "webcast" there are 50 threads returned. Obviously a lot of them won't be relevant, but there's some helpful information.
toma wrote:Maybe if we get a good list of various options, we can create a wiki and put them there.
We already have a wiki, which has extensive articles on Meetinghouse Webcast, which has a lot of good advice on configuring the system. I'd advise you to review that documentation.

The wiki even has a page where you can share experiences: Get Local Insights on Meetinghouse Webcast. That would be the place to add such stories.
toma-p40

Post by toma-p40 »

I've spent alot of time reading all the forums. There are a few good examples. I guess I was hoping to find out how people solved the many problems not in the webcast wiki and other documentation.

Sorry, I was just trying to get more information and help others in the process. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

toma wrote:I've spent alot of time reading all the forums. There are a few good examples. I guess I was hoping to find out how people solved the many problems not in the webcast wiki and other documentation.

Sorry, I was just trying to get more information and help others in the process. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
No need to apologize -- I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the information that is already here and on the wiki, and that we collect the information in the right places.

From your message, I incorrectly assumed that you hadn't seen some of the existing reports. I'm sorry if I jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

I know you listed a lot of questions, but are there some specific questions that are particularly concerning to you? Your long list of questions might be a bit daunting and discourage responses, but if you ask a specific question or two, you're more likely to get a response. Some people will be willing to generate a long report that answers all those questions, but many more are willing to answer specific questions.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”