Webcast Time-out

Conversations around originating a webcast for conference, including cameras and mixers.
jander04

Webcast Time-out

Postby jander04 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Does a webcast using the Communicator time out after a set amount of time?

We got ours working yesterday and left it on all night to verify (as much we can) that there were no drop-outs. It was working when I went to bed last night, but this morning it was gone, and we had to establish another using a different ID to get it working again.

Jerry

SheffieldTR
Community Moderators

Postby SheffieldTR » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:13 am

Jander04 wrote:Does a webcast using the Communicator time out after a set amount of time?

We got ours working yesterday and left it on all night to verify (as much we can) that there were no drop-outs. It was working when I went to bed last night, but this morning it was gone, and we had to establish another using a different ID to get it working again.

Jerry

YES! It will time out after 10 hours. To conserve resources we programed all communicators to shut down at 10 hours. The need to use another ID is interesting to me though.

Troy

jander04

Postby jander04 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:27 pm

We assigned another ID because we thought we needed to. I don't think we tried simply restarting the webcast. Thanks much for the feedback.

Return to “Webcasting”