Meetinghouse Webcast 2.0

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Thanks for the suggestion. Over the weekend, I took time to completely uninstall all ATI drivers and software.

Tonight, I went ahead and reinstalled the Radeon drivers and the TV Wonder 550 PCI drivers. I did not install the media center that came with the ATI card. I was able to see it in Windows Media encoder. I then checked out the webcasting software. I got it to work and there was no blue screen of deal. ;) I used the original drivers that came with the capture card. I may try to update them and see what happens.

I was able to send the video/audio stream to the server and everything was looking good at least on the computer that I was using as my the broadcasting server. I put the URL into the my browser and was able to view the video pretty well. It wasn't crystal clear, that is probable because I'm using analog and a video tape, but the sound was very choppy and sounded like it was really slow.

I am using the on board sound that came with the Gigabyte motherboard. When I get time, I will plan on putting in a SoundBlaster PCI sound card. I don't think there is anyway of putting the sound directly into that card, but I will see.

Otherwise, the stuff worked, not great, but I didn't get a hard crash. So more testing to come. Wish me luck.
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Watch this new video: Meetinghouse Webcast Overview.

http://stream.lds.org/ICS/Training/Meet ... erview.wmv
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I just want to take a minute to bring you up to date on the testing with this.

I took the TV Wonder 550 PCI card and put it in my generically built computer running Windows 7 64-bit. I also am using the Windows Media Encoder 64-bit. I tested it and all speeds for video was good. At the lower speeds, video was poor, but as the speed increased so did the video clarity.

However, I was still not able to get clear sound at any speed. I was using a VCR/DVD combo and either one the sound was awful.

So I then thought about using the Auxiliary in port on the sound card. When I did that, I got crystal clear sound and video was terrific. I tested on all speeds and everything was terrific.

So I decided to take it back to my P4-2.8ghz machine and set it up with the video into the capture card and sound into my soundblaster auxiliary port and it worked as well. I tested the speed up to 300K, because at that point the sync between audio and video was getting very notable.

I discovered that on the 2.8 ghz single processor machine that I can't really go much above 100K upstream.

So for me using the coax cable for both video and audio didn't work. However, when I used the aux in on the sound card and video from the capture card, things worked terrific.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive747 wrote:So for me using the coax cable for both video and audio didn't work. However, when I used the aux in on the sound card and video from the capture card, things worked terrific.
Just so I understand this right, you were using a RF input and setting the tuner to that channel? Perhaps the modulator isn't adjusted well. (Since you used a VCR, then maybe it was the recording?)

However, using separate video and audio channels would be preferable for quality as it saves an unnecessary modulation/demodulation step in the signal processing.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

RussellHltn wrote:Just so I understand this right, you were using a RF input and setting the tuner to that channel? Perhaps the modulator isn't adjusted well. (Since you used a VCR, then maybe it was the recording?)

However, using separate video and audio channels would be preferable for quality as it saves an unnecessary modulation/demodulation step in the signal processing.
You are correct, I am using the RF (coax) input and setting the tuner in Windows Media Encoder to channel 3. As I say, I'm able to see video without a problem, just the audio is terrible. Not sure where I can set the modulator and if you have suggestion and can tell me where to make the changes, I can try it.

Using the separate channels was good. I plan on doing a test at our stake conference Adult Session on Saturday 13 Feb 2010. it will be an informal test, but a test nonetheless.

I will let you know how it goes.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

harddrive747 wrote:Not sure where I can set the modulator and if you have suggestion and can tell me where to make the changes, I can try it.
If you are using a directly connected VCR as a source, then there is no adjustment. I'd be leery about adjusting the modulators in the church satellite system as it could cause problems.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

RussellHltn wrote:If you are using a directly connected VCR as a source, then there is no adjustment. I'd be leery about adjusting the modulators in the church satellite system as it could cause problems.
I don't plan on adjusting anything with the church satellite system or even the audio system at the stake center. That is why I'm going to test this month at stake conference, at least on Saturday night. I want to see which way is the best.
stevenkblack-p40

Post by stevenkblack-p40 »

Watch this new video: Meetinghouse Webcast Overview.

http://stream.lds.org/ICS/Training/M...t_Overview.wmv

I heard in the film that there was webcast software to use a laptop as the broadcast source. Is that correct, and if so where do I get it? I would love to set that up for our Stake President so I don't have to go set everything up for him.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

stevenkblack wrote:I heard in the film that there was webcast software to use a laptop as the broadcast source. Is that correct, and if so where do I get it? I would love to set that up for our Stake President so I don't have to go set everything up for him.
You can learn how to obtain and use the Meetinghouse Webcast software on the wiki at Meetinghouse Webcast Software User Guide, and related pages linked from that article.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”