Poor bitrate even though good Internet speed

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jadiegiorgis

Poor bitrate even though good Internet speed

Post by jadiegiorgis »

A little over a week ago we we had major bitrate issues at one of our receiving sites. Even though that site consistently gets 5 down and 1 up for internet speeds, the webcast was running consistently sub 300K and constant buffering. I ended up setting the player to low bandwidth and change from auto to 268. This cleared up the buffering. I am struggling with what is causing the poor performance of the webcast at this location. We have another location where the internet speed is similar in speed or slower and it was running at 1500K bitrate.

Any ideas what could cause this difference?

As an FYI, I talked with SLC during the broadcast and at one point the mentioned we weren't using the dedicated link, though we were. Then they responded they could now see us using the dedicated link. At that moment the bitrate spiked to just under 800 before settling back to sub 300.

We were running on Windows 10 using Internet Explorer and a direct connection. Wi-Fi at the building was disabled.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Poor bitrate even though good Internet speed

Post by rannthal »

Disable the adaptive streaming by clicking on the gear and selecting a bitrate speed that you know the site can handle. The player will settle on that speed and things will run fine.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Poor bitrate even though good Internet speed

Post by rannthal »

also, take a look at your network. There has been some problems with networking issues.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”