Transmission Stake Conference

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
mdantasf

Transmission Stake Conference

Post by mdantasf »

Hello,

I have a new experience to transmit a general session from Stake Conference. I received incentives to use Teradek with webcast resources from LDS. But I observer a big delay, approximately 40 seconds. Someone does have any experience?

The internet connection is 100MB to download and 50-60MB to upload. I consider good to this.

I too test with a mobile phone with Youtube Live private... the result is more fast. The delay was 12 seconds.

Would be great if Teradek connect with mobile phone camera.

Thank you. :?:
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Transmission Stake Conference

Post by Mikerowaved »

The delay is due to a buffer that helps smooth out temporary transmission/reception dropouts without affecting the picture. As long as the receiving site is completely separate from the stake center, a minute or two of delay shouldn't matter in the least. Is there something you are doing special that needs to have the delay reduced?
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mdantasf

Post by mdantasf »

I'm using to make the transfer only from the sacrament hall to two other rooms in the same building. And the difference of a nearly one minute delay is very large. I wanted to at least leave as in Youtube Live that is 12 to 15 seconds.

Another point .... did you or another colleague use his own cell phone to transmit? Is that I do not have a Sony or JVC camcorder ... I wanted to know if anyone has had this experience.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mdantas wrote:I'm using to make the transfer only from the sacrament hall to two other rooms in the same building.
In that situation, it's best to split the feed from the camera and put it into the building's distribution system directly. Webcasting was intended for remote sites - that is separate buildings.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”