Sony EVI-D70P cameras and Extron controllers

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Obokeeper

Sony EVI-D70P cameras and Extron controllers

Post by Obokeeper »

Hi,

First of all can I make it clear I am visiting this forum as a friend and not a member. If I am asking in the wrong forum do please tell me.

I am trying to set up some Sony EVI D70P cameras at our sports club for coaching purposes. I am wanting to control them via an Extron Touchscreen (TLP M700MV) using an Extrin IPL T S2 controller. Due to cable lengths I am having to go down the RS-422 route.

So after quite a lengthy intro my issue is that I can get control of the 1st camera only. The camera is connected as follows using a 9-pin D connector on the controller:

Extron Controller Camera

Pin 2 Rx- Pin 1 Tx+
Pin 3 Tx- Pin 3 Rx+
Pin 5 Ground Pin 5 Ground
Pin 7 Tx+ Pin 4 Rx-
Pin 8 Rx+ Pin 2 Tx-

The above configuration works.

I have then linked Camera 1 to Camera 2 using the Sony documented wiring - but I can not get control of the second camera.

Is anyone controlling multiple Sony cameras using Extron controllers via RS-422.

This is driving me slightly mad to say the least and any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Best wishes.
Mark
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Sony EVI-D70P cameras and Extron controllers

Post by russellhltn »

You might want to read this post. Apparently, the connections aren't what you'd expect.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”