Mid-Week Webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
harddrive

Mid-Week Webcast

Post by harddrive »

This past week, my stake conducted a webcast in the middle of the week. I didn't shut down the WI-FI, which I know now that i need to do every time that I do a webcast, that needs to be priority number 1. Since I'm using the Sony EVI-D70 camera, I need to set the broadcast to 4:3 aspect ratio.

The interesting thing that I noticed and this is more for church employees but will benefit everyone else. In my stake we have 7 buildings and all have Comcast except for one which is using MetroCast (cable, just like Comcast). At about 8:20 pm at some of the places the bandwidth dropped by about 25%. Then about 9:05 p.m. the bandwidth usage dropped by 66% and that is for every building. So my question is why did after 9 p.m. that the bandwidth usage dropped? Was it because Comcast is lowering the amount of bandwidth we get or was it the servers that were cutting us back?

I would love to hear some answers on the reason that bandwidth usage dropped by so much. I can understand if it was one building, but this was at all locations.

Thanks
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Mid-Week Webcast

Post by Mikerowaved »

Just a guess, but when I was on Comcast I noticed things like Netflix and Amazon Prime having buffering stutters between 7 and 11 pm, but never at any other time. This might be related to what you were experiencing.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”