Regional Stake Conference

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Hagothsen

Re: Regional Stake Conference

Post by Hagothsen »

lajackson wrote:It is actually ironic, because the regional stake conference should not make use of the webcasting system at all, only the Church satellite system. (Unless the instructions to stake presidents letter has changed.)
We have a regional stake conference coming up in November. Our stake was recently split, and the new stake now uses a seminary building as its stake center. There isn't a satellite dish anywhere in new the stake. Assuming a satellite dish isn't installed before now and November, I'm planning on webcasting to the new stake. The parking lot is rather small in the new stake's building, so I wouldn't be surprised if I need to webcast to two of their buildings. If they feel the need to use our other building, then we're up to three. Thankfully, the FM Group has given us all decent internet speeds.

It will all be up to the church's CDN.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hagothsen wrote:Our stake was recently split, and the new stake now uses a seminary building as its stake center. There isn't a satellite dish anywhere in new the stake. Assuming a satellite dish isn't installed before now and November, I'm planning on webcasting to the new stake.
The new stake (and for that matter your stake) will have access to a URL to get that broadcast direct. I'd use that rather than trying to webcast.

For one, the new stake will need it's own opening to take care of stake business. Secondly, unless the instructions have changed, it specifies that the opening is to be done locally for each building. I believe all of the stake that have come here complaining about problems with their regional conference are those who've attempted to webcast from the stake center rather than using the direct URL.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:So those of you in the North America North East area, how did you do the 1st 30 minutes of stake conference? Did you webcast it, us PVC, a 3rd party or just do it at each building?
It would also be helpful to know what the broadcast directions were to the stakes in the region. So far as has been revealed pertaining to regional conferences, each meeting location in a stake should have its own stake presidency member or high councilor presiding, do its own music and prayers, the presiding officer conducts the business in each location, the presiding officer (usually) briefly speaks, and then everyone joins the regional conference on the Church satellite system, or uses the URL obtained according to the instructions for the conference.

Have those instructions changed?
Hagothsen

Post by Hagothsen »

russellhltn wrote:The new stake (and for that matter your stake) will have access to a URL to get that broadcast direct. I'd use that rather than trying to webcast.
Splendid news! Thanks! We didn't get a direct URL last time, our feed was only via Satellite.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Hagothsen wrote:Splendid news! Thanks! We didn't get a direct URL last time, our feed was only via Satellite.
The instruction sheet I got in early 2016 gave indicated how to obtain the URL if needed. I don't think it's issued automatically. It should be available no less than 2 weeks prior to the broadcast.

I'd suggest you tactfully ask your stake president for a copy of the instructions rather than rely on word-of-mouth. If you've ever played The Telephone Game as a kid, I think you know what happens. :roll:

As lajackson indicates, it would be nice to know if instructions being given out now are the same as we have received in the past. Going back and re-reading what I had, it specifically states that stakes "should" be using the private URL instead of trying to stream it from one meetinghouse to another.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:
Hagothsen wrote:Splendid news! Thanks! We didn't get a direct URL last time, our feed was only via Satellite.
The instruction sheet I got in early 2016 gave indicated how to obtain the URL if needed. I don't think it's issued automatically. It should be available no less than 2 weeks prior to the broadcast.

I'd suggest you tactfully ask your stake president for a copy of the instructions rather than rely on word-of-mouth. If you've ever played The Telephone Game as a kid, I think you know what happens. :roll:

As lajackson indicates, it would be nice to know if instructions being given out now are the same as we have received in the past. Going back and re-reading what I had, it specifically states that stakes "should" be using the private URL instead of trying to stream it from one meetinghouse to another.
Utilising the recently installed webcast system, we had our very first Regional Stake Conference earlier this year.

During the first 30 minutes, the webcast system was used to transmit to the other meeting houses (In the Stake), then going over the private URL for the Regional Conference session. As far as I can recall, I (As the STS) applied on behalf of the Stake President, for the private URL. This URL was passed to the other meeting houses in the Stake.

The instructions we received, indicated that the main part of the conference wasn't to webcasted to the other meeting houses.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”