Bug - can no longer select assistants for receiving sites when editing an event

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
dbentham

Re: Bug - can no longer select assistants for receiving sites when editing an event

Post by dbentham »

lajackson wrote:
dbentham wrote:I think you missed my point:
If we delete the event and re-enter it, there will be a new event code for anyone who wants to join from a personal device.
I didn't actually miss it, I just wandered away from it because we do not use the five-digit code that way. Sorry about that.

You are correct that changing the event changes the five-digit event code. (I hope they fixed the problem from a week ago Sunday when no one could access an event with the five-digit code.)

But if you do not want to change the event code, you don't really have to delete and reset the event. Unless something has changed, it does not matter who is shown as the assistant. Any assistant can click on any meetinghouse URL and get the broadcast. The only thing you are really missing is real-time identification of who is running the broadcast at a receiving location.

Unless something changed with the upgrade.
The issue with accessing from a personal device with the five digit code is working after the update last week. (or at least it was working during our last test...)

If I'm not mistaken any ATS can click on any meetinghouse URL, but if the listed assistant is not an ATS they only see the URL for the meetinghouse they have been set up as assistant for. At least that's how it worked before the update... In our Stake we have called (or are calling...) an ATS for each unit, and usually it is the ATS who is listed as the assistant.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Bug - can no longer select assistants for receiving sites when editing an event

Post by rannthal »

Not being able to change the assistants while editing an event was a bug. It has since been fixed.

At first, the assigning of the locations to assistants was there to help support if they needed to call them. Now it is mainly just there for the STS to show which site they have and doesn't effect anything.

As for the 5 digit code changing.....we are planning to address this later this year.

The portal is always evolving and changing to try to meet the needs of all members world wide. Please have patience as it is a daunting task.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”