Meetinghouse Webcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jltware

Post by jltware »

jdlessley wrote: I can see your frustration. I do, however, read those four weeks as being the lead time the people at Chruch headquarters would need to process the requests. There may be delays any number of places along the way. You really don't know when your stake's request was sent from the Area offices to Church HQ.

The point I am trying to make is that I do not believe our request has been sent on to Church HQ, at least not yet. All they said was that they would enlighten us as to the procedure we would be required to follow once it was available. We are still waiting on an application form or something to fill out to initiate the process. It seems to have taken a very long time to come up with a procedure, especially as there would have already been procedures in place in other areas that they could copy.
jdlessley wrote: To have a policy such as this is their perogative. It does mean that some of the responsibilities normally in the perview of the STS are now in their hands. There are both benefits and drawbacks to this.

While I respect your opinion, I do not believe this is true. It is the role of the men with priesthood keys to decide on policies and access issues. It is the role of the support offices to support these men in their responsibilities, not to dictate to them how things should be run, unless their priesthood leaders have instructed them in some way that contradicts or makes impossible the stake president's request. I do not believe that a area wide policy by the support offices to deny access to any internet equipment anywhere shows the respect to these men that they deserve, nor do I believe it is within the scope of their delegated authority. If a stake president requests a key, he should be given it, as it is his decision. This request should be followed without undue negotiation and without turning the whole thing into a political game to test jurisdictions. Priesthood keys govern the church, not support offices, and if somebody with priesthood keys requests a physical key within the scope of his calling, he should be given it. Full stop, end of story.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jltware wrote:They were well aware the stake president was reading the "back talk" as they were writing it. It didn't stop them replying to my nice thousand word enquiry asking for multiple details of the current system and details on how to upgrade with a three line "we're not interested" response.
I'm sure there must be ways for the stake president to escalate the situation. Unfortunately, I'm not sure of the details. If nothing else, I'd suggest bending the ear of the next GA that comes for a visit.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jltware wrote:All configuration is done via odyssey client, and passwords to be able to install this need to come from the support offices.
In the US we're able to make a call to the Global Services Desk and ask for that to be replaced by a more common WPA or WPA2 setup. Then you'd have a network under your control. I'm not sure how it works in your area, if you'd just end up with the same people or not.

I wish I could point you to a memo on this, but I don't know of any.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

jltware wrote:Thanks for the suggestion, I have seen such approaches make a real difference in the past. But in this case, the stake president was CCed on every letter from me and in the replies back to me. They were well aware the stake president was reading the "back talk" as they were writing it. It didn't stop them replying to my nice thousand word enquiry asking for multiple details of the current system and details on how to upgrade with a three line "we're not interested" response.
Another thought: Has the stake president spoken directly with the area president about this problem?
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

Watch this new video: Meetinghouse Webcast Overview.

http://stream.lds.org/ICS/Training/Meet ... erview.wmv

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”