VidiU Sound

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

VidiU Sound

Post by lajackson »

I wish I could find more information about the VidiU. Will it take the sound if it is on the HDMI cable, or do you have to run the sound separately into the miniature jack for the sound input?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: VidiU Sound

Post by russellhltn »

I'll have to look, but I think the VidiU only has HDMI for video, so there has to be a way of enabling the mini jack. Perhaps via a menu option.

Note, the setup guide has you using the 3.5mm jack.
https://www.lds.org/help/support/vidiu- ... e?lang=eng
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Vidiu will take sound over the HDMI. You will need to go into the setup of the Vidiu unit so that it knows where to get the sound. I'm currently using the HDMI to put sound to the broadcast.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Will it take the sound if it is on the HDMI cable,
Drat, I read your question wrong. I thought you were asking if you had to run the sound via HDMI. That would make a difference in the type of converter you get.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:Vidiu will take sound over the HDMI. You will need to go into the setup of the Vidiu unit so that it knows where to get the sound. I'm currently using the HDMI to put sound to the broadcast.
I discovered that this afternoon. I found the setting to change, as well. Thanks for the confirmation. I also discovered that running the sound barely gets through the HDMI and is so low as to not be usable. I found a way to run the sound through the VidiU sound jack and the volume is much better and controllable under our kludged setup.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”