Satellite Rack RCA Video to VidiU HDMI

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Satellite Rack RCA Video to VidiU HDMI

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:The VidiU is FM's responsibility, but the converter is the stake's.
Actually, the stake is supposed to ask the FM Group for the ATLONA, and to buy their own converter if the stake goes with a cheaper model. Our FM Group is out of budget money, so we bought a cheap one that worked just fine.

If the FM Group budgets for it and gets it for us next year, I still wonder if the extra expense is worth the cost.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:Actually, the stake is supposed to ask the FM Group for the ATLONA, and to buy their own converter if the stake goes with a cheaper model.
I missed that memo. Can you point me to it?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I missed that memo. Can you point me to it?
It's in the Help Center instructions. I'll find it after the ward chili cookoff this evening. First things first. [grin]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:
It's in the Help Center instructions.
Help Center > Meetinghouse Technology > Webcast > (Under Get Started) Purchasing Webcast Products

In the third section under Video Signal Converters, the ATLONA (recommended) is purchased by "FM Group or online or local vendor" and the other two options are purchased "Online of local vendor". We always like to use the FM Group option when it is available, and it is in this case, limited to the FM Group budget constraints.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:
lajackson wrote:
It's in the Help Center instructions.
Help Center > Meetinghouse Technology > Webcast > (Under Get Started) Purchasing Webcast Products

In the third section under Video Signal Converters, the ATLONA (recommended) is purchased by "FM Group or online or local vendor" and the other two options are purchased "Online of local vendor". We always like to use the FM Group option when it is available, and it is in this case, limited to the FM Group budget constraints.
Hmmm. Interesting. I'm not so sure as it implies that FM will pay. I think there's any number of things that can be ordered though the FM Group out of local unit funds.

The paragraph above says "Purchase online or through a local vendor using local unit funds." This may be a "late change" to what was "local units pay".

All the other documents I found are fuzzy about anything other than the VidiU.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I'm not so sure as it implies that FM will pay.
Our FM Group says it does, and we are not going to suggest otherwise to them.

My original question remains. Is it worth the Church funds to pay for the 10 times more expensive converter? What is the 10 times more advantage? Reliability? Quality? Other?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”