Adding Webcast Assistants

Conversations around originating a webcast for conference, including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6146
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Adding Webcast Assistants

Postby lajackson » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:29 am

The webcasting portal setup instructions caution that an event assistant must be added to the event manager profile before the event is reserved. This is so that the proper assistants can be selected when the event is reserved.

If a reservation for an event is made, and an assistant is added later to the manager profile, can the event be edited (up to 3 hours before the event) to select the new assistant for a receiving location? Or does the event have to be cancelled and then reserved again?

Is the name of the event assistant set for the event critical to the success of the event, other than that he is the primary contact of there are problems? In other words, is this an information function, or does the right assistant need to be listed so that he can find the right meetinghouse URL for the broadcast?

lajackson
Community Moderators
Posts: 6146
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm
Location: US

Re: Adding Webcast Assistants

Postby lajackson » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:35 am

lajackson wrote:If a reservation for an event is made, and an assistant is added later to the manager profile, can the event be edited (up to 3 hours before the event) to select the new assistant for a receiving location?

Yes. The newly added assistants will show up in the drop down list when you edit the event and will be available for assignment.

lajackson wrote:Or does the event have to be cancelled and then reserved again?

Only if you forget to hit the save button after you add the new assistants. If you forget to save, then you can delete the event, enter it again, and still not find the new assistants in the drop down box. [sigh]

rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee
Posts: 92
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Re: Adding Webcast Assistants

Postby rannthal » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:01 am

lajackson wrote:Is the name of the event assistant set for the event critical to the success of the event, other than that he is the primary contact of there are problems? In other words, is this an information function, or does the right assistant need to be listed so that he can find the right meetinghouse URL for the broadcast?


This information is not mandatory for the event to function. It is to help the STS and the assistance figure out which buttons to push and so forth. If no assistance are selected, the the receive sites will be assigned to the STS and if help is required from others, the STS can train them to look for the building they are going to help with.


Return to “Webcasting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest