Teradek Sharelink

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
NelsonMAD

Teradek Sharelink

Post by NelsonMAD »

Hi,
Teradek has a technology now call sharelink where you can combine two connections to the internet (say ethernet and usb cellular data dongle to improve bandwidth capacity. I have a Stake that I look after that has many remote chapels and they webcast meetings often but they have a very poor ADSL service and an average cellular service. I have a 4G cellular date dongle for them which works on occasions when webcasting but it is affected by congetion as busy times of the day. Having both the cellular data and DSL together I believe would provide a good enough service for webcasting. Sharelink is available for around $20 per month which the stake would be prepared to pay. Does anyone know if this would work with the Church Teradek Vidiu system? Does the church have it own service or are we using Teradek servers?
Thx Marty Nelson, Facilities Manager Queensland Australia
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Teradek Sharelink

Post by rannthal »

It looks like Sharelink only works with VidiU Pro. The device that is being distributed via the FM group is just plain VidiU.
However, that does not mean the Pro will not work with the system, its just more expensive to purchase. If the plain VidiU works than the VidiU Pro should work just fine. From what I read on the Teradek site, then combining the different services should give the system a boost. If your stake is willing to pay for the Pro and the Sharelink price, it may be well worth it.

How the webcast system works is what is taken in by the camera is pushed into the Teradek Vidu for encoding. From their it is pushed out to a media server in the cloud.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”