Regional Webcasting - Confusing

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Regional Webcasting - Confusing

Post by rannthal »

And this is where the STS is going to have to make a decision wait 30 seconds and reconnect, or grab the event code, go to the Home page, put the Event code in, click the button and bring up the player.....which would take at least 30 seconds anyway, and then try to piece together the stats and the logs to figure out what went wrong.

The system is just a tool provided to the stakes to use to allow its members to hear the word. How the system is used is up to the STS. They can use all the tools provided or hardly any at all, its entirely up to them. They need to figure what works for their stake for present and future events.

I've been there when sites have went down and a decision must be made on what to do. Here is what I do:
1. Pending on the player used, wait to see if the player will reconnect on its own, I give it about 30 seconds.
2. If not, I refresh the browser.
3. If the player can not connect and times out, then I'll refresh it again.
4. If the player times out again, something went very wrong somewhere and would try the Event Code just to get the stream back up and running. If that works, great its up. If not....then something went very wrong.

As the STS you have been blessed and set apart to be able to fulfill your calling and make good judgements. The Holy Ghost will help you know what to do. Listen to the Him. He will be there and help you if you seek Him out.
harddrive

Re: Regional Webcasting - Confusing

Post by harddrive »

Yesterday was our normally scheduled stake conference. We did a test with the new webcasting system and it worked great. I have read this post and I agree with the receiving sites needed to be in there and it would be great to have the user who will be assistance at that building. However, I found out yesterday, at least the way that I set it up, that a member with a LDS.ORG account can use the meeting code and get into the meeting. So I don't think the assistant in each building would be necessary, but very helpful so that if anything goes wrong that they can get the site back up and running.

Thanks

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”