Backup options

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rannthal
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Backup options

Post by rannthal »

All I can say about this is that you are on your own. Good luck.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

aclawson wrote:I did a test of the YouTube Live stream. Starting from absolutely nothing - a youtube account that wasn't set up for streaming for example - I was streaming an image of an empty chapel in under five minutes with some audio I was piping in through my phone. Piece of cake.
Something's bothering me. I doubt if YouTube is doing this as a public service. I'd be leery of ads. They have to be paying for this somehow.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:Something's bothering me. I doubt if YouTube is doing this as a public service. I'd be leery of ads. They have to be paying for this somehow.
I've run quite a few YouTube Live events (for both church and non-church situations) and never had any issues with ads or any "additional video suggestions" (which are sometimes inappropriate) following the webcast. It just runs.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

rannthal wrote:All I can say about this is that you are on your own. Good luck.
Yes, that's understood, and I'll be the first to say it's probably not for everyone. However, my webcasting quality and success rate went way up after making the switch. I was really hoping this latest church solution would offer something on par, but I don't think it's there yet.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”