Dedicated laptops for receiving webcasts in all buildings

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Re: Dedicated laptops for receiving webcasts in all building

Post by craiggsmith »

I personally would like to see dedicated laptops, but also because they could be used for presentations and other needs. I have had countless problems with other people's computers, and of course they never show up in time to work things out.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just as a thought, has anyone looked into using the new Raspberry Pi 2? It has both Composite and HDMI outputs. Other than a case and power supply, I don't think it needs any added hardware. The only thing questionable is software compatible with webcasting system.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

We were talking about them at my work the other day. I thought someone posted something here a while ago. At any rate, I think they would be ideal for this.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I found out today that the new webcast system is based on Silverlight plug-in. The system supports PC and Mac. So I'm not sure where that leaves Raspberry. Maybe if you load Windows 10 on it. Maybe time to order one and play with it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

Silverlight? I'm surprised, I thought no one was using it any more. Never had good luck with it with Netflix. At any rate, a lighter-weight solution would be more ideal.
Craig
South Jordan, UT

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”