Camera not found

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
SamuelsenR

Camera not found

Post by SamuelsenR »

Here is the background info.

We have in the stake center an Emtech AVDH-1 panel for controlling webcasts. We also have a Sony EVI-D70 PTZ camera.

We use a webcast communicator to webcast but we have successfully used a laptop as well.

We use a laptop for camera control and there is where we have the problem. If I use my personal computer it works great. If we use my work computer it works great. My son is a STS in another stake and using his computer it works great but when we use the stake laptop (Lenovo with i5 processor) we get a message saying "camera not found" and we then get taken to a menu that recommends we change the settings on the camera.
If all these other computers work fine I am not inclined to change camera settings.
Any suggestions?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Camera not found

Post by russellhltn »

What is the interface between the laptop and the camera? USB? RS-232? Some laptops may not put out enough power to run some interfaces.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Re: Camera not found

Post by michaelfish »

I'd look towards the driver being incompatible or limited.

If the camera is plugged into the PC with a USB cable, the computer may not have the correct drivers to recognize the camera. As we migrate to newer technologies, there have been significant problems with devices and drivers not compatible with new operating systems (WIn 8) and/or 64-bit systems.

How do your PCs compare? Are they all running the same operating systems and service packs? Are they all 64-bit or 32-bit? Do some of computers have the camera software installed but not on the stake laptop?

Compare the software version and number of drivers listed for the camera in device managers of the PCs.

I'd also check into the Support page on the manufacture's website as well as Google for solutions...

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”