How many people are watching Stake Conference

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jviola

How many people are watching Stake Conference

Post by jviola »

We just had Stake Conference and we gave the URL to our bishops to give to members who are home bound. Well, let's just say many members had the URL which led to what we believe to be the worse attendances in the last 8 years. I was wondering if during a broadcast is there a way from church HQ to track how many households our viewing our broadcast. I know it is too late now, but in the future is that something that they could track? Is that something we could track? If so, how would we track it?
mnimmer

Re: How many people are watching Stake Conference

Post by mnimmer »

We had the exact same problem at our Stake Conference and I called a Tech Rep to get information on the amount of connections. Unfortunately, they don't have any way of tracking the connections and didn't think it would be added in the near future.
johnshaw

Re: How many people are watching Stake Conference

Post by johnshaw »

This doesn't sound like any kind of service implementation I'd implement. no stats for each conference... sounds like a typical GSC response to me. Call Kurt Olsen
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”