Gilbert Temple Dedication Service

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
michaelfish

Gilbert Temple Dedication Service

Post by michaelfish »

FYI about temple dedication services...

With regards to the Gilbert Temple Dedication, I was about to make a huge mistake and I thought it best to forward what I found out to all – just in case you were thinking about doing the same.

If your stake is authorized to receive the Gilbert Temple Dedication services, please be aware of the following:

• You may not forward the broadcast to any other location beyond the authorized meetinghouse where the satellite receiver is located. Not even by radio or closed circuit.

• Your stake’s satellite property number and satellite receiver serial number must be registered with CHQ in order to receive the dedication services. This needs to be done by February 7th.

• The Assisted Listening System’s transmitter in the building receiving the dedication must be turned off – no signals are permitted outside the building.

I had originally told my stake presidency I could extend the dedication to our other ward buildings and they were planning on doing so (but not now). Don’t make the same mistake I did.

BTW, if CHQ discovers you are in violation, they may terminate the signal to the originating receiver (your stake center).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gilbert Temple Dedication Service

Post by russellhltn »

michaelfish wrote:The Assisted Listening System’s transmitter in the building receiving the dedication must be turned off – no signals are permitted outside the building.
That's unusual. I'm been though 3 temple dedications and that's never come up before. Considering the transmitter is usually tucked away in a locked cabinet that STS usually doesn't have the key to, I wonder how they expect you to disable it?

Also, what are the hard of hearing who normally use that supposed to do?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

russellhltn wrote:
michaelfish wrote:The Assisted Listening System’s transmitter in the building receiving the dedication must be turned off – no signals are permitted outside the building.
That's unusual. I'm been though 3 temple dedications and that's never come up before.
I saw that same thing in a letter sent to my stake president for the Brigham City temple dedication.
russellhltn wrote:Considering the transmitter is usually tucked away in a locked cabinet that STS usually doesn't have the key to, I wonder how they expect you to disable it?
We couldn't.
russellhltn wrote:Also, what are the hard of hearing who normally use that supposed to do?
I don't have an answer for that.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

the transmitter is usually tucked away in a locked cabinet that STS usually doesn't have the key to, I wonder how they expect you to disable it?
Since the Assisted Hearing Transmitter is in the locked cabinet which the FM Group maintains, I am going to forwarding a request to them and let them take care of it.
what are the hard of hearing who normally use that supposed to do?
I am planning on having a section of the chapel reserved for those who may need headphones and tap the signal from the wired "Record Out" jack (under the clerk's desk) and wire it to a couple of headphone amplifiers - possibly the Pyle Pro PHA40 for $14.

Since it is wired and available only in the chapel, it should not violate any policy. I am going to check with CHQ just to make sure it is okay.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

FYI, I just received clarification regarding the use of wired headphones and it is okay. Also, since the "meetinghouse" is an extension of the temple, overflow to the relief society or primary rooms would be acceptable. However, my stake president does not want to use the auxiliary rooms so everyone will feel and experience the enthusiasm of the Hosannah shout.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

michaelfish wrote:Also, since the "meetinghouse" is an extension of the temple, overflow to the relief society or primary rooms would be acceptable. However, my stake president does not want to use the auxiliary rooms so everyone will feel and experience the enthusiasm of the Hosannah shout.
Our SP requested that all audio/video be strictly limited to the chapel, overflow, and if needed, the cultural hall; and switch off all other audio feeds to the foyers, RS room, primary room, etc. This allowed for high counselors to be positioned at the chapel and overflow entry points to check recommends, without having to worry about any other part of the building.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Mikerowaved wrote:Our SP requested that all audio/video be strictly limited to the chapel, overflow, and if needed, the cultural hall; and switch off all other audio feeds to the foyers, RS room, primary room, etc. This allowed for high counselors to be positioned at the chapel and overflow entry points to check recommends, without having to worry about any other part of the building.
I am pretty certain your instructions will require you to secure the entire building. You can turn off audio feeds to other rooms, but it is simple for members to turn them back on.

The last time we broadcast a temple dedication, the instructions said no one was allowed in the building without a recommend.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Just a thought...

I think it would be a good idea to disconnect Internet access (modem, T-1, etc.) for the duration of the dedication.

I don't think it has been a problem in the past, but the Internet could make this sacred service available outside authorized meetinghouses.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”