Balanced output provided for webcast connections

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rogerscr

Re: Balanced output provided for webcast connections

Post by rogerscr »

Just wanted to update you all with what I ended up using. The audio from the building had been run straight into the camera RF modulator according to the blueprints and someone cut the line and put in a RDL ST-DA3 distribution amp. There was a bit of humm as well the level issue. A local professional supplier recommended the RDL TX-1A which only runs $35. I connected it in between the MWC and the ST-DA3 and it cleaned up the hum and brought the audio down to the correct level. The ground leads (not -) were not connected on the ST-DA3 so I connected them, that might have helped the hum. The unit doesn't require any power and has gain control for fine tuning. It is a good solution to this issue.
rolandc

Re: Balanced output provided for webcast connections

Post by rolandc »

All I will say is AS DESIGNED does not mean AS BUILT. That's been my experience. All the Satellite cabinets should have on the line from chapel to Sat cabinet, a little device ball to unbal. Called Radio Design Labs TX-1A. Its simple but very effective. If you don't have one Call your FM manager and request one.
Roland

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”