Streaming a Regional Conference Broadcast

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Streaming a Regional Conference Broadcast

Post by lajackson »

Those instructions apply to a local stake conference that is webcast to other buildings in the stake. They do not apply to a stake conference regional broadcast. Also, stake conference regional broadcasts do not use event codes.
Tag77

Post by Tag77 »

Was this broadcast recorded?
sislerke

Post by sislerke »

On August 17, 2018, President Russell M. Nelson visited Hamilton, Ontario. Members from southern Ontario were encouraged to attend in person. I have been sick this year so I did not attend in person. My Bishop informed me I could watch the broadcast live on my home computer. He phoned me a few days before the event and gave me the url. He asked me not to give the url to anyone. He followed up by sending me an e-mail. I watched the broadcast. The picture quality and the sound quality were both excellent.
snodog

Post by snodog »

Boise idaho Boise Stake Conference 5/18/19
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

snodog wrote:Boise idaho Boise Stake Conference 5/18/19
I'm not sure what you're looking for, but it's highly doubtful anyone here can help you. You'll have to contact your leaders.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
snodog

Post by snodog »

I’m trying to watch a Stake Conference for the Boise Stake (regional) which I have before but I’m having trouble. Can you help me?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

snodog wrote:I’m trying to watch a Stake Conference for the Boise Stake (regional) which I have before but I’m having trouble. Can you help me?
You will need to contact one of the stake leaders to get the information you need. They will let you know if the conference is even available for viewing and, if it is, they will be able to give you the information you need to watch it, if your leaders have approved that option.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:if your leaders have approved that option.
This is at the discretion of the presiding authority for the conference. It would be the visiting authority, or if there is none, the stake president. Thus, having been able to see the conference in the past is no guarantee that you'll be allowed to see it this time around as the presiding authority may be different.

Even if it is allowed, if they're using the church system, the number who can view it is limited. I think the upper limit for streams is 200. And only if arraigned ahead of time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Also, regional conferences usually come over the satellite system, and any URL is for meetinghouses without satellite systems. If it is a local stake conference, the information needed to view the webcast changes every time, as well.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”