Brigham City Temple Dedication

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

We have to use at least 3 buildings for stake conference, but I forgot about the 3 separate sessions so it's no problem.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craiggsmith wrote:We have to use at least 3 buildings for stake conference, but I forgot about the 3 separate sessions so it's no problem.

That will certainly make a difference. As far as planning for attendance (you will know for sure after the bishops have issued recommends for the broadcast), we have found that attendance at a temple dedication broadcast is similar to a very well attended Saturday evening adult session of stake conference. You lose some because of the recommend requirement, and you gain a few more than that number with worthy children and youth.

Your experience many be different, of course.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Just curious. Does anyone know who is responsible for the transmission end of Temple Dedications? Does CHQ send their own video crew or is the responsibility fall upon the Temple Presidency to assign a tech team, or does the Stake Presidency in the Temple's location assign the broadcast duties?
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Your guess is as good as mine... so here's mine. A broadcast like this, happening this close to Salt Lake City and most likely involving members of the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve will absolutely be handled by a technical crew from the church's A/V staff in Salt Lake City. The last few temple dedication broadcasts I've watched (involving temples in Utah) just seemed like such a close match, technically, to everything else that originates from church headquarters.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

michaelfish wrote:Just curious. Does anyone know who is responsible for the transmission end of Temple Dedications? Does CHQ send their own video crew or is the responsibility fall upon the Temple Presidency to assign a tech team, or does the Stake Presidency in the Temple's location assign the broadcast duties?

Michael, I can only relay the events that recently took place in Kansas City. I am the Stake Clerk of the host stake for the Temple (our Stake Center is next door to the Temple). The Temple Open House and Dedication have committees organized to get everything arranged, etc.. for the Openhouse and Dedication.

There was an Audio/Video committee, that I was apart of. Our responsibilities included setting up all the A/V equipment for the Open house, and providing volunteers to work along side a crew that came out from Salt Lake. This crew has the operations of the Temple Dedication well in hand. Each new temple is designed with the temple dedication broadcast in mind. There is conduit run from inside the Temple to outside the temple to accomodate the connections from the broadcast equipment to a broadcast van parked outside near the temple. The conduit is basically one-time use for the dedication broadcast only. Cabling is also setup throughout the temple to invite as many as can view the dedication inside the temple. Because the Temple Dedication rooms are setup wtih Video Monitors to view the Dedication, there is a bunch of RG6 cables connected through the rooms and along the hallways. The AV committee assists this crew in setting up the Monitors in all the rooms in the temple and after the third session they help tear it down, pack it up and get it on the truck to ship.

The STS for each stake was assigned to setup the internal CCTV / Projector equipment for viewing the dedication in stake centers in the temple district. As I stated before, there was a pre-check of an encrypted broadcast that was specifically sent to pre-configured satellite receivers
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Excellent response...thank you. I'm our Stake's STS and I live a few miles away from the new Temple they're building in Gilbert and was hoping I could do the video broadcasting. Looks like I'll have to wait and volunteer to help in other ways.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

Anyone know if this will have a Spanish audio feed?
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

BarkerAJ wrote:Anyone know if this will have a Spanish audio feed?

Just got a reply from HQ, yes it will be available in Spanish.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.
wille

Closed Captioning

Post by wille »

BarkerAJ wrote:Just got a reply from HQ, yes it will be available in Spanish.

Our stake is asking me about Spanish audio, so thanks for the info. Also, since the hearing-impaired transmitter will be off, will the dedication video be encoded with Closed Captioning for those who have hearing problems?
wellingms
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by wellingms »

wille wrote:Our stake is asking me about Spanish audio, so thanks for the info. Also, since the hearing-impaired transmitter will be off, will the dedication video be encoded with Closed Captioning for those who have hearing problems?

Closed Captioning will be available by default for the dedication.
Michael Welling
Department Apps
Global Service Center
1-855-LDS-HELP

Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS Tech Wiki?

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”