panasonic ag188 video camera

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
farwest

panasonic ag188 video camera

Post by farwest »

Wanting to setup our buildings to webcast will a panasonic ag188 camera work? I've been reading the posts and looking at what is available. one of the problems I can see is there is not ethernet connection in the chapel. What would you do if your starting fresh? We have wireless and hard connections in offices.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

Yes, a Panasonic AG188 will work if you only use it as a camera. As this is an analog camera, you will need to run a video cable from the camera or the power pack to the webcast communicator (or PC capture card running webcast software). If I recall correctly you will also need to keep the cassette door open to keep the camera from going into protection mode and keep the "no tape" indicator from blinking on the screen.

I would not recommend using such an old camcorder, the zoom is only 14x and the picture quality is lacking. Just about any video camera today will run circles around it as far as zoom ratio and picture quality.

The PC or webcast communicator box is the device that needs the Internet connection. Do not use wireless.

Perhaps you can set up the communicator in an office that isn't being used and run a CAT5 cable from the room to the Internet jack (or just set up in the office that has the connection). Then run video and audio cables from the camera and building sound to the communicator. For building sound, check for an audio output jack on a wallplate in the chapel (check under desks).

Please allow plenty of time for testing and for working out any issues (cables, adapters, etc.)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”