What to use for Stake Conference Video Broadcast??

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
stelring

Post by stelring »

Thanks Kurt, I sent you an email!

-Sterling
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I also want to add a thing about this. A couple of weeks ago, we had stake conference and I tested my new set up with the OSPREY Card. it worked like a champ. I heard from the few other buildings that I had helping me test, they worked fine, but the video/audio froze on their computers. They were using laptops and they were wireless. However, they restarted and everything worked fine.

At the stake center, I was testing the clerk computer to be the receiver and sending the audio/video over ethernet to a TV that was set up in the high council room. That set up worked great. The clerk computer was connected hard wired and it froze on me once using webcasting, but when I restarted the stream it came up fine. I also had my laptop running at the same time and it was wireless and it worked like a champ. So for June and long term, I'm really thinking of using PVC as that seemed to be the most stable of these. The Internet connection at the stake center is 15 meg down and 5 meg up.

I still working to get the clerk computers connected into the TV systems at the chapels and make sure that they are hardwired. I also have a refresh of the clerks computers coming up in 2013, so that may make a difference.
john84601

Post by john84601 »

JohnShaw wrote:One additional point might be good as well. Frankly, if you don't use a wired connection to upload and download the broadcast, you are just begging for issues.
I don't know if anyone is trying this over wireless... but let's not forget...
WiFi is 1) shared bandwidth and 2) half duplex.

:0
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

john84601 wrote:WiFi is 1) shared bandwidth and 2) half duplex.
Prone to interference from other things, such as 2.4GHz phones, microwave ovens, portable hotspots (like MiFi). In short, there's a number of factors you have no control over. And they are least likely to happen during testing and most likely to happen with a building full of members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
abcampa

Post by abcampa »

I am just getting done with a test and I got reports of streaming audio, but video stuck on a still screen, then buffering issues every now and then.

I had them run speed tests at speedtest.lds.org, and speeds seemed fine. Were there any issues with SLC servers during this time?

I recall a couple of weeks ago having better success with our tests.

I will be testing again this wednesday night, but wanted to make sure everything is good on our end.

The stake/broadcasting speed test came back as:

Download Speed: 6202 kbps (775.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 2478 kbps (309.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 77 ms
Jitter: 6 ms
Packet Loss: 1%

I am using a brand new built computer with an osprey 210 card in it.

Thanks
bspage

Post by bspage »

Also, don't forget, If you have problems with Webcast, and are using a church solution, you are welcome to call the Global Service Center IT Support at 855-LDS-HELP. (This may be a new number to some, but it works to get to Distribution, MLS Support, and IT Support)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”