Roxio Easy VHS to DVD - Audio Input

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
johnshaw

Roxio Easy VHS to DVD - Audio Input

Post by johnshaw »

Hey there everyone, hoping to get some input from others who have used this device.

I seem to have a very low input volume coming into my Roxio USB audio line-in. I am wondering what others have done to increase this volume. I realize that I can get a mixer in between and potentially increase the level, but this feels like an OS issue to me. I remember when I plugged in a USB headphone/microphone for our company's audio/video conferencing system, I needed to go to the speech preferences and talk into the microphone to get the input volume working... has anyone had to adjust this on Windows 7 with the Roxio audio line input? Have you used the matrix or pin line input adjustments in the LDS Meetinghouse Broadcast software device configuration?

I have a broadcast coming up with some AVI/MP4 files that I'm going to play, and the volume levels are seriously not matching.... I'd like to even them out, but even with their loudness, the audio line input volume seems really low to me.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Well, here is what I did:

Called SLC and they gave me some options to look at:

1) Check the realtek audio program, see if the microphone is muted there (I don't know if that is the correct spelling for realtek) but that wasn't on my system.
2) Delete the file in Users\Local\Meetingcast Software\xml file....
3) uninstall and reinstall the software

After doing all of these, I was still getting bad input volumes.... I then hooked up an audio mixer and increased the volume going into the device and still nothing.... I have concluded that it is my laptop... Pulled out the old Webcast Communicator and will do some DVD / Camera switching for now...
RichTurpin

Post by RichTurpin »

Not sure what to suggest. I use the Roxio grabber as well and have no problems with audio. I plug the xlr (mic) into the audio in on the crab and then the crab to the grabber. I have the crab on full volume. I changed nothing in the broadcast tool.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”