Webcast Receiver Software

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
marcporter

Webcast Receiver Software

Post by marcporter »

Does anyone know if the front end software for the webcast receiver is available for download? We have access to a couple of winxp thin clients that would work really well as receivers and I would like to make them function the same as the Church supplied receiver.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Are you asking about the Meetinghouse Webcast Software? That can be downloaded here.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
marcporter

Post by marcporter »

I am asking about the receiving end, not the transmission side.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The receiving end only needs Windows Media Player, as noted in the View a Webcast instructions. What else are you looking for that you would configure differently from any other computer running WMP?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
marcporter

Post by marcporter »

Thank you for your replies. If you have used the webcast receiver box that the Church used to sell, you would note that the device boots directly to a screen where the user enters the unit number and the event id to start receiving the stream. I do understand that the receiver is simply running windows media player, but configuring the device to boot in this way makes it really easy for just about anybody to set it up, as far as the user is concerned, they never even see windows. Similar to the reasons why so many people like the webcast communicator vs. the webcast software. I was just hoping to gain access to the interface they used to install on the receivers when they used to sell it.
Thanks

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”