Audio Conferencing

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
jebbst

Audio Conferencing

Post by jebbst »

I am an STS in a military stake in Germany. We are working on setting up conference calling to make Stake Presidency/High Council meetings easier for everyone involved. Does anybody out there have experience with this? I have seen the Wiki suggestions for phones, but I have no idea if they will work in Germany. The phone jacks here are certainly not the normal US RJ style. Any idea/suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks for your help.

Jebb Stewart
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Have you looked at the church's Personal Video Conferencing (PVC)? It's computer/Internet based, not phone based.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Also, if you are interested in simple telephone conferencing, see Audio conferencing (meetinghouse).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
swidmann1

Post by swidmann1 »

Jebb-
A few questions:
1. What technology for connectivity will each participant be using, internet or plain old telephone service?
2. If using internet, do you know the bandwidth availability and speed of each participant?
3. What is your budget for equipment (if needed)?
4. Is this a long-term project or temporary? If temporary, how long?
5. How many participants will there be?
6. How many participants at each connection point?

Steve

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”