Cannot find new VidiU on store.lds.org

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot find new VidiU on store.lds.org

Post by russellhltn »

bretpetersen1 wrote:I talked to someone today at store.lds.org. They said they would not have the VidiU available until later in March. Apparently the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.
I did the same, but was told that FM has to order it though the eStore. I pointed out some problems with that statement and they're supposed to get back to me on that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
braithwaiteak

Post by braithwaiteak »

I have just been in contact with the Distribution Center, and the VidiU device has still not arrived from the manufacture, but they still expect it before the end of March 2015. The portal is up and ready to use once you have a device. I am borrowing one from a friend for my broadcast this weekend. I hope it works as advertised.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:was told that FM has to order it though the eStore. I pointed out some problems with that statement and they're supposed to get back to me on that.
The last I heard is that it is in the store, but for some reason the permissions are wrong such that I can't see it. But they were going to escalate that and get back to me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I called today. Purchasing hasn't made it available in the Store. We can buy it on our own or wait until someone does something in some amount of time makes it available. If you have stake conference coming up you tell your stake president that the messaging that came out wasn't accurate so stake conference webcasting is on hold unless you want to pay full retail for the devices.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

johnshaw wrote:Purchasing hasn't made it available in the Store.
Yes, that was the jest of the phone call I got today. Thumbscrews are in use..... :D

I was also advised to stay away from the SD to HDMI converter and go to something from Black Magic at about 10x the cost. The warning is you get what you pay for and $50 doesn't buy you much.

craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

johnshaw wrote:If you have stake conference coming up you tell your stake president that the messaging that came out wasn't accurate so stake conference webcasting is on hold unless you want to pay full retail for the devices.
We can still use the old system can't we?
Craig
South Jordan, UT
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

craiggsmith wrote:We can still use the old system can't we?
For now, anyway.

rolandc

Post by rolandc »

russellhltn wrote: I was also advised to stay away from the SD to HDMI converter and go to something from Black Magic at about 10x the cost. The warning is you get what you pay for and $50 doesn't buy you much.
I agree

Biggest problem is heat, with these cheap devices. Buy a couple- have spare ready.
Extron makes a great scaler but you have to pay dearly.

Do you have the model number of the Blackmagic box?

Composite is dead, SDI is taking over.
Roland
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

craiggsmith wrote:We can still use the old system can't we?
Yes. It was used very successfully last Friday for a regional broadcast that originated in one of the stake centers in our Coordinating Council.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rolandc wrote:Do you have the model number of the Blackmagic box?
I wasn't given any, but I was told it would be a two-step process. Composite to SDI then SDI to HDMI.

If heat was the only problem, I'd think adding a heatsink would help.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”