Stake Physical Facilities Management

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
steveusher

Stake Physical Facilities Management

Post by steveusher »

I'm the high councilor assigned to manage our stake's physical facilities here in Buffalo Grove, IL (Chicago area). This is broken into two areas, (1) the building infrastructure (and keys), including HVAC area and (2) the building cleaning and maintenance area. In our case, we have a Stake PFR (separate from myself) called who handles the infrastructure/HVAC issues. We work closely with local FM Group in Chicago and our agent bishops in the stake. We also attempt to train the building managers and others involved in cleaning or maintenance. We maintain lists of equipment, inventory of supplies and member tasks/assignments for proper cleaning.

The formal documentation for this role appears to mainly be confined to the manual "Meetinghouses". Though I have also ordered the "Member Involvement in Meetinghouse and Grounds Care" manual, I'm not yet familiar with its content.

I have on my own put together a guideline for our stake, with lists, tasks, inventories and escalation chain, but wonder if there are better approaches. The FM Group is understandably requesting only one contact to them from the stake, to keep communication coordinated and clear. We have played with using a data entry form and spreadsheet on Google Apps to allow bishops, building managers, quorum leaders, etc. to submit issues, questions, etc for follow-up and to be able to track them, but that has not taken hold to this point.

I would like to propose a new forum or sub-forum for "Stake Physical Facilities Management", where interested parties could discuss approaches, issues and best practices in their areas to assist the individual building managers, quorum leaders, agent bishops and members improve the overall maintenance of our buildings.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter,

Steve Usher
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

steveusher wrote:I would like to propose a new forum or sub-forum for "Stake Physical Facilities Management", where interested parties could discuss approaches, issues and best practices in their areas to assist the individual building managers, quorum leaders, agent bishops and members improve the overall maintenance of our buildings.

Generally, we create subforums as dictated by the message traffic. You can always start a "best practices" thread on the subject and we'll see how big it gets.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
steveusher

Post by steveusher »

Thank you for responding, I understand your thinking. I would like to do that, however, I'm wondering what is specifically meant by "starting a best practices thread". How is that done? Is the "best practices" thread different from a typical thread and is there a Forum specifically for "best practices"? If not, would you suggest a forum within which to start a "best practices" thread for this subject?

Sorry to be a novice. I'm just trying to familiarize myself with the concepts and format of this site. It's great to have this site available.

Thanks again,

Steve
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Someone might have better wording, but I'd suggest starting a thread titled "Stake Physical Facilities Management" or "Stake Physical Facilities Management - Best Practices" in the "General Discussions" forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

Suggest you try the name "Stake Physical Facilities Representative (PFR)"

Also, you could just add best practices to the WiKI, click here to see the WiKi for Stake Physical Facilities Representative (PFR)
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA

Return to “Help with this forum”