Visiting Teaching Online Record Keeping

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Sherilee

Visiting Teaching Online Record Keeping

Post by Sherilee »

I have two questions:

1. Is there a way to see at least 12 months of data for each woman on our VT rolls, like there used to be with the old MLS system? In other words, is there a way to see when "Jane Jones" was visit taught during each of the previous 12 months? Right now I can only figure out how to view 3 months (including the current month, which is always blank until the very end or beginning of the next month). If there isn't, I would like to request that a way be created so presidencies can have a better picture of how often, and specifically what months a sister was visited. (Make sure there is also a printable version of this too, of course.)

2. Is there a way to exclude the current month in the statistics? For example, when filtering to see those women who were not contacted in the previous 3 months, I would like to exclude the current month, since there is no data for that month until the very end of that month or the beginning of the next (when VT reports begin to be received). I seems pointless to have it included when trying to filter a certain period of time when a sister wasn't visit taught. Maybe a feature could be added which would be entitled "exclude current month". I would like to request that feature also be added, if possible. :-)
Sherilee

Re: Visiting Teaching Online Record Keeping

Post by Sherilee »

P.S. I just discover that I can see 12 months worth of visiting teaching data if I go to each individual sister's personal record, but what I want is to be able to create a document for our RS president which gives a print out showing 12 months of records for all the women in RS on one document.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Sherilee wrote:P.S. I just discover that I can see 12 months worth of visiting teaching data if I go to each individual sister's personal record, but what I want is to be able to create a document for our RS president which gives a print out showing 12 months of records for all the women in RS on one document.
Getting a combined report is not possible at this time.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Sherilee

Post by Sherilee »

I just tried. None of the results are about the new online system, only about MLS.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Sherilee wrote:I just tried. None of the results are about the new online system, only about MLS.
If you are referring to the statement below my signature then note that statement is part of my signature line and will appear in every post I make. It was not directed specifically to you as part of my post response. I have included that part of my signature because, in the years I have been moderating, people are not aware of those other two resources that are available to answer questions before they come to the LDSTech Forum.

You will see similar helpful statements as part of other moderator and administrator signature lines.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Sherilee

Post by Sherilee »

Yes, that's what I was referring to. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

So when looking at a list of all the women in Relief Society, there currently is no way to look at more than 3 month's worth of data (actually only 2 month's worth, since most data for the 3rd month isn't added until we're already in to another new month) , correct? I'm just surprised, since it was possible to do that on the old MLS system.
Sherilee

Post by Sherilee »

Also, is there somewhere else I should be suggesting features to be added, or is this the best place? Just hoping my suggestions will be considered by those who make such decisions.

I do have one more suggestion. Even though it doesn't matter, as far as recording visiting teaching contacts for the month for official reports, it would be helpful if RS presidents could have a better picture of what types of contacts each sister is receiving through her visiting teachers. It would be nice to be able to designate with code letters to help with that: L = letter, Ph = Phone call, E = electronic (text, email, Facebook message), V = in-person visit, S = service rendered. Right now, I have to figure out a manual way to create that record on my own, to help give the RS president and our bishop that type of information.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

Sherilee wrote:Also, is there somewhere else I should be suggesting features to be added, or is this the best place? Just hoping my suggestions will be considered by those who make such decisions.
The official way to give feedback and make suggestions is to use the Feedback link on any LCR page. That's the best way to make sure your suggestions get to the decision makers. To our knowledge none of the decision makers visits the forums.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

Sherilee wrote:So when looking at a list of all the women in Relief Society, there currently is no way to look at more than 3 month's worth of data (actually only 2 month's worth, since most data for the 3rd month isn't added until we're already in to another new month) , correct? I'm just surprised, since it was possible to do that on the old MLS system.
Click on the Households tab. Click the check box for "Sisters Not Contacted" on the right. Adjust the slider to select the number of months.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”