MLS Organization (Sunday School) Issue

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Daryl1

MLS Organization (Sunday School) Issue

Post by Daryl1 »

During Sunday School there are important additional optional courses in red and one in black that is not optional. That are missing from the Sunday School Organization section in MLS 2.7.3

Gosple Principles Course (For all new members & Investigators) ages 14-adult
Temple Preparation Course (7 week Course)
Family History Course
(week's vary)
Marriage & Family Relations Course
(16 week course)

Problem:
When these courses are set up under Sunday School as a class MLS wants class rules set up. Example ages, sex, single, married etc... I tried setting ages 0, 0 but everyone that is age 0-1 every year is automatically entered to those classes and then a reset is necessary to get them out of the Sunday School Organization.

How can one set up these courses so class rules do not apply? That way one can add and remove members as needed throughout the year from the courses using the MLS data base and not have class rules apply?

Everything else is working very good. The problem is with trying to set up the optional courses & the missing Gospel Principles Course.

Any work arounds until this is fixed in a furture update? Has anyone reported this as a possible bug yet? Is this in the works to be repaired and updated in a future version of MLS?

Thank you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Mr. Techno wrote:How can one set up these courses so class rules do not apply? That way one can add and remove members as needed throughout the year from the courses using the MLS data base and not have class rules apply?
I can't figure out a way to avoid having the class rules apply, but if you set the minimum age to 200, then no member of your ward will match the criteria, and then you can manually add and remove class members.
Daryl1

Post by Daryl1 »

That is a good idea. Let me try setting the min age to 200 and see what happens.

Thank you.:D

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”