Class Members not Recording

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
pbhanney

Class Members not Recording

Post by pbhanney »

Our Primary secretary brought this issue to my attention. I have tried it out myself and have had problems. I cannot find any discussion on this, but if I overlooked it, please point me in the right direction.

When we go into a Primary class and add a member to that class (by clicking on "Add Members," selecting the member, and then clicking on "Save"), that member will show up on the list on the screen. However, when we click on the "Close" button and then go back into that same class, the member is no longer there. Is there supposed to be a "Save" button in the class that we cannot see? Is anyone else finding the same problem?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

pbhanney wrote:When we go into a Primary class and add a member to that class (by clicking on "Add Members," selecting the member, and then clicking on "Save"), that member will show up on the list on the screen. However, when we click on the "Close" button and then go back into that same class, the member is no longer there. Is there supposed to be a "Save" button in the class that we cannot see? Is anyone else finding the same problem?

There is no additional Save button; on the Add Members dialog box, when you check the box by a member and then press the Save button, you have actually added them to the class. The fact that they show up on the list confirms this.

I can't explain why the newly added member would no longer show up on the list after you close the Primary organization tab. One thing that might give you a clue as to what is happening is to look at that person's individual membership record. Immediately after adding them to the class, click on their name (which is a blue link). That will take you to the membership record, where you will see a section called "Organizations Member is Assigned to." Does that section list the new class? Does it list the old class? Does it list both?

After you close the Primary organization tab, go back into that person's membership record (make sure you close it and reopen it after the previous steps to make sure you're looking at the current data). Does the Organizations section still list the same class(es)?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
pbhanney

Post by pbhanney »

OK, I did follow your instructions and it did list both classes on the membership record, but it would not show the member in the second class once I exited the class.

However, I did find the solution to this problem. You can't just add a member to a class if they are a member of another class in the same organization (I'm assuming the same organization as we have members of both the Sunday School organization and the Priesthood or Relief Society Organization). You have to go into the class where that member is, find the member, and then click on "Remove" to the right of the member's name. It will then ask what class you want to put them in and you can select the new class. This will change it on their membership records as well as on the class list.

Thanks for sending me in the right direction.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”