- Mailing Labels - First I go to Finance --> Finance Reports --> Donor Statements, change the Fiscal Year to 2007, and check the By Household box. Then I go to File --> Print Mailing Labels and press Select All. Now, several of the families (random as far as I can tell) have a child's name listed on the mailing label instead of the head of household. Even our Bishop's label had his oldest son's name instead of his. Even more confusing in cases where the child's last name is different from the parents and the label gets alphabetized by the child's name.
- There are cases where during the year a donor's address had changed, but the family was still within the Ward boundaries (or an address correction was made to MLS). The address in the donation database does not get updated from what was originally pulled from MLS, unless you manually do it again. Since most of us are not membership clerks, we often don't know about address changes or corrections for every donor. I would suggest a button that would update ALL addresses for donors that are Ward members to whatever is currently stored in the membership area of MLS.
- Why do Official Tax Statements get printed that just say (No Donations)? What purpose does it serve in having the Bishop sign these and mail them out to donors? (I understand they probably made non-charitable donations during the year, but that's not included on this form.)
- If the list of donations on the Official Tax Statements are longer than 1 column, the Bishop's signature block gets moved to Page 2, even though there's ample room for it in the 2nd column. Doesn't a signature on Page 2 (which has no donations listed, BTW) kind of defeat the purpose for the signature in the first place?
- Several Official Tax Statements had the following footnote added: "*** Donations marked with a triple asterisk (***) indicate adjustments made to other donations." Yet, there are no lines with a *** on them. (Minor issue.)