Setting up a new Ward Computer with MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
mmkids6

Setting up a new Ward Computer with MLS

Post by mmkids6 »

As the Stake Clerk, I have been asked to set up a computer in a new Ward in our Stake. We have hooked everything up from the mouse to the printer, but now we need to download MLS and other church approved applications to the computer. My questions is: Are there instructions (step by step) that help you setup a new computer so that it is ready to go on the first upload?

I have gone to MLS.LDS.Org, and it has asked for the Unit number, which I have. But then it wanted a password, which I don't know.

Can you help me.
Thanks
Alan
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mmkids6 wrote:I have gone to MLS.LDS.Org, and it has asked for the Unit number, which I have. But then it wanted a password, which I don't know.

We can't give out passwords on the forum, for obvious reason. But you can go to the wiki article MLS download site, which contains suggestions for obtaining the password.

But once you get in to mls.lds.org, you'll see that the current instructions for setting up a computer are there (look under "Local Unit Computer Instructions"). They refer to the Dell 740, which probably isn't the exact model you have, but the basic procedure described there is helpful.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

Out of curiosity, have you already started up the computer and gone through the initial setup steps? The setup instructions begin with instructions on what to enter in these setup steps. Also, is your computer running XP or windows 7?
If windows 7, you may want to review this thread and maybe even this version of the setup instructions.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”